x
Beta Member

Linking Modifers and Side Items with Menu Items

Looking for a way to link specific items to modifers. 

For instance, we sell Mac N' Cheese both a la carte and as a side item for a few dishes as well as a topping on a sandwich.  Due to the nature of our kitchen and us making everything from "scratch", we sell out of this item somewhat frequently.  Whenever we run out, we are able to 86 the a la carte item very quickly but as far as I can tell, there is no quick way to eliminate this as a side option for the other dishes or the item that uses it as a topping.

I know in Toast you can "create a modifier from an item" and ties them together so that any time you 86 the item OR the modifier, it gives you the option to just 86 for that specific item or on all items it's tied to.  

Is there a way to do a similar thing on Square?  If not this would an AMAZING feature to add.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@brycegerlitz  Yup. This is a known limitation with Square, and one that's been requested a lot. I know there's a thread in the Ideate section talking about it, but I can't find it atm. Hopefully it's something that the dev team is working on!

The best workaround I have for you right now is to make the Mac and Cheese (from your example) show as a modifier instead of as a variation on the main item. That way you only have to go into the modifiers section and delete it once its 86ed instead of going into each item that can use the Mac n Cheese. Of course, remembering to put it back in is another story.....

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2