x
Beta Member

Logging in after app updates issue

I might be overthinking this but I have a problem. I own a bar and after your app updates on my iPad the bartenders can't log in because I don't give them access to the bar's login credentials for obvious reasons.  I work a day job and I can't always get down there to log them in how do you suggest they log in to the Square App after your app updates?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@Bar901 Typically after an update, you do have to re-login to the app. You could look at using Team Management! Team Management gives you the ability to add employees so that they can use their own login information, but you can set permissions for them so that they're not able to access certain things (reports, bank information, etc.).

Hopefully this solution can help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Nika- I had this issue come back up today.  Here is what I'm experiencing.  The bartender can't log into the app using his credentials.  However, when I moved him over to Mobile (free) he was able to get logged in.  Is this normal or how do I get this so that these guys can log in using their own email addresses into the app so that they can ring sales when I'm not around.  Something is wonky here.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Bar901 Just to confirm - is this an issue only after the app updates? It sounds like it's happening more often than that. Do your bartenders use Device Codes to access your iPad? 

You should be able to udpate each bartender's team profile from your online Square Dashboard. Go to the Teams section > Permissions > select role > toggle Access Mobile Point of Sale ON - that way they should be able to sign in with their email address. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4