x
Beta Member

Looking for a recommendation for accounting/bookkeeping app/software

Hi,

We're opening a store soon and looking for an accounting/bookkeeping app/software that integrates well with Square.

After looking into the details of each of the apps, it's still hard to make a decision.

Quickbooks online has terrible reviews about its syncing with square. Others are crazy expensivefor a small business.

It looks like it's between Kashoo and Zoho Books. Kashoo has no Android app and it's almost a deal breaker.

Maybe the hive brain has some insight..

So here's the wish list:

1. Instant and automatic integration after each transaction. I don't want to spend my time fixing syncing issues, because technology should work for me, not the other way around.

2. Detailed syncing - items, refunds, discounts (inc. categories or campaign tags), cancellations.

3. Can track expenses with mobile receipt scans.

4. Works on Android. Could live without it, but would really prefer to have it.

5. Up to $30-40 / month.

Anyone has a recommendation?

Thanks!

Tom

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi @Helen, Thank you for replying. I decided to go with Zoho Books. For anyone that may read this, I'll give my reasoning.

Kashoo is relatively cheap, and I think is the only one that have instant sync with Square. However, there is no Android app and It is has limited importing capabilities. I have a year's worth of expenses logged in a spreadsheet and I cannot import it to Kashoo.

Xero - to track expenses you have to go with the top tier $60/m plan. That's crazy.

Zoho - Price is pretty good (less than $16/m for mid-tier plan when paid annually). However syncs overnight. And you have to go with the top tier $29/m for unlimited number of contacts (=customers, so for retail it's the only way).

Freshbooks - has not builting integration with Square.

Quickbooks Online - reviews mention many issues with the sync with Square

All others are more expensive or lack basic features.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Beta Member

I am going to try the Online bookkeeping offered by godaddy. Has anyone  else tried it?

https://www.godaddy.com/email/online-bookkeeping

Message 22 of 31

I'm researching integration with Quickbooks desktop or changing all together. I have a lot of inventory. Does this work with Square? I see paypal. How old is the program? Any reviews?

Message 23 of 31

I use GoDaddy Online Bookeeping and I love it. I have used it since 2008. It used to be called Outright and then GoDaddy bought that company. It's simple, allows you to edit categories, and integrates well with your bank accounts. It generates a P&L and I use it to directly do my taxes.

Message 24 of 31
Beta Member

Does Square link with GoDaddy like it does to Quickbooks?

Message 25 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @trading-post! We're not entirely sure what you mean specifically when you reference similarities between the connection process of both parties. However, Square does integrate with GoDaddy! You can learn more about the process here.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 31
Beta Member

Hi Joe,

I currently use Quickbooks for my accounting software and Square for my POS. I have it linked with Square so my deposits automatically download to Quickbooks once a day so all my income and expenses are in one place and I don't have to switch between Square and Quickbooks to view those things.

Does GoDaddy Bookkeeping link to Square the same way? I want to be able to track my expenses in the same place I track my income through Square.

Message 27 of 31

I just started a trial of Freshbooks and I like it. However, the Square integration uses a 3rd party app called Zapier and I cannot get everything to work like I was able to in Quickbooks. Has anyone been able to get Square to integrate with Freshbooks?

Message 28 of 31
Alumni

Hey @Mainephotoguy - looks like Fresh books is not in our list of Partnerships so I'm afraid there's not an already-built solution to integrate with Square.  Check out this thread for some recommendations. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 31

@Tommer I so appreciate this review. My mom and I are new retail store owners and I am confident we will enjoy using Zoho and what it has to offer. Thank you again

Message 30 of 31
Beta Member

Thank you. Good luck with your new store!

Message 31 of 31