x

Looking for the best HotSpot device for Square stand

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Best HotSpot device for square stand

My business is holding an outdoor event and using a square stand to check customers out for beverages. What is the best wifi device to connect to the ipad that comes with the square stand? It does not come with a sim card.  There will be a high volume of customers, so this needs to work. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

the honest answer is it depends on where the location is at and what coverage each company has at that location.  what works perfectly at one place may literally not get a signal at another.  that said, I use this device with at&t and have had 0 issues.  https://www.zteusa.com/att-homebase.  It is just another $10 line on our group phone service bundle.

Message 2 of 6

I can't connect to existing WiFi in most shows/outdoor shows I do.  I have FoxFi as a hot spot on my phone and can connect to other things using it but NOT my square terminal...  Am I missing some setting I have to toggle to get it to connect to the hot spot?  It LOOKS like its connected when I pick the hot spot from the Network options in settings but when I go to run a card it says I'm not connected and won't work...  Does anyone know about using your phone as a hot spot with the Square Terminal? 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Catm!

Really sorry you're having trouble with the hotspot connection and the Terminal.

I moved your post here because @VanKalkerFarms listed some good information above about which would be best to use. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Greetings,

We are a bakery and monthly we do Farmers Markets.  For WiFi for these we use Skyroam Solis and use their $9.00 Daypasses.  We have never had any issues with connectivity.  BTW we are in Dallas Texas.  Additionally, we take our Square Stand, reader, cash drawer and receipt printer.  To power these guys we use the FlashFish Portable Power Station, 200 Watt model.  It's just like being in the store but under a popup! 

Granted we could use Verizon on our phones but that is an extra 40 or so bucks a month when we only need external WiFi once a month. Skyroam Daypass for 9 bucks is much better/cheaper deal, IMO.

Bill

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @CRF! Thanks for the suggestion.

Perhaps this is something @Catm can look into. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 6