x

Lost all my descriptions and captions in my photo gallery.

I must say this is a very clunky site. No way to batch load images into the gallery. Also, I just spent an hour+ writing the descriptions and captions on each photo in the gallery and when I was adding another, all of a sudden I noticed that the captions and descriptions are all gone that I previously put in. This is sooo frustrating. Is there a way that they might be hidden or backed up somewhere?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @energizerbunny I'm so sorry to hear about the descriptions disappearing from your library! That is not intended behavior and I would be equally as frustrated. 

Were you adding the descriptions on the online store or on the item library?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I think it was to the online store. Also, how do I get the photo gallery page back?

Message 3 of 7

@energizerbunny Do you have any screenshots for what you are seeing? I think you may need to change the layout of your Online Store to "Shop All" rather than "Order Online," which will show your item descriptions on the main site. You can do this on the Order Online section of your Edit Online Store. Click the gear at the top right and select "change layout." 

Please let me know if this helps at all. I have provided a screenshot of what this will look like when you change the layout.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 7

Hi, Ashley,

Happy Sunday! I do have the layout page set to 'ShopAll'. They show up nicely, but when I hit 'arrange', they won't move in the order I'd like them seen. Under my "All Items" gallery, I have listed different categories or folders but when I try to move the items into the different categories, they just jump back. What's the trick?

Message 5 of 7

@energizerbunny can you show me screenshots or step by step instructions on how you are editing and arranging your items? There are a few things that could be happening and I want to try and catch the error right where it lies. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 6 of 7

I think I figured out how to get to the categories and arrange the items in the order I want. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7