x

Low Capital offer, how often do they review accounts?

So I have been using Square for almost 4 years, and have had 4 Capital loans.

I paid off my last loan early, and within a week recieved an offer that was considerably lower than my last 3 offers.

My total card processing last year was down 7% (due to a very weak first quarter), but my first quarter processing for this year is up by over 200%.

So my question is, if I don't accept the current Capital offer how long until Square reviews my account again, and extends me a better/higher Capital offer.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @gsxrfathead 

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Please check out our Capital FAQ page for any updates and commonly asked questions. If you still have any questions, please contact our Capital Teams for further information. They will be your best resource during this time. You can reach them via email here, or by giving them a call Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm PST.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

From what I gather, whatever they give you is what they can offer. I have heard it cannot be negotiated. 

Message 2 of 16

So here is the winning answer.

I didn't respond to the low initial offer, and 3 weeks later they removed the offer.

1 week after that I got a new offer. That offer is DOUBLE the low offer that I originaly got.

Message 3 of 16
Square

Hello @gsxrfathead

When determining your Capital eligibility and custom offers, we look at factors such as your history with Square and your processing volume. Any adjustments in your offers are likely the result of a change in your account activity. Please know that there are no penalties for paying off your loan early. 

Your Capital offer is continuously being evaluated based on these factors, so if there are any changes to your business, your three new offers may adjust as well.

Message 4 of 16

I have asked, I have sent emails about a capital loan, I've had 2 and paid down to 80+% on the most recent one. All I keep getting and seeing in this forum is the same copy and paste of many factors go into getting a loan. Does anyone get to actually talk to anyone about getting a loan? Please let me know if I'm the only one being ignored.

Message 5 of 16
Alumni

Hey @Kravguy1 - sorry that you're feeling ignored, it is not how we want you to feel at all. We just aren't able to discuss what goes into a loan offer. I'm sorry for that and definitely get where it may bring you peace of mind to know what specifically goes into receiving an offer. 

Do know that when we're able to make an offer, we will reach out to you. Sending some well wishes and good vibes your way. 😉

Message 6 of 16

Exactly.  @Russell this is why Square Capital is useless for true business needs.  Entrepreneurs need to have capital available when they see opportunity.  Waiting for an offer works if you want to buy a car or have discretionary spending cash.  Investment opportunities, however, don't wait for algorithms.  EVERYONE:  if you see opportunity, seek alternate means of financing.  You'll miss your opportunity waiting for Square Capital and they won't hint if an offer is on the horizon or not.

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

I love the square capital! I have had 4 square capital loans. However, I am at 88% paid and have not received a new offer. My sales are about the same for this time of year and I could really really need a new offer for new inventory. I have absolutely no complaints, just need an offer! I have paid some extra when we have cash sales so I could bring the balance down! I just wish It was a consistent as before! I have friends that I have recook or square and will continue to do so! 

Message 8 of 16
Square

Hi @Sadiebaby1

Thank you for proactively using your cash sales to pay down your balance. 

Once the prepayment has been submitted it takes up to two weeks for payment confirmation. Your business will be reevaluated for a new loan offer after the payment is confirmed. If you’re eligible, you’ll be notified directly on your Square Dashboard and via email.

Message 9 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you so much!! I have absolutely no complaints about square...we have been using it for about 4 years and I have never experienced any problems with deposits, etc. our customers LOVE ❤️ the loyalty program...they love to see the ! I highly recommend square to others. I will keep the faith that I will get another offer soon...we are going into our busy fall season in the mountains and could definitely use for new and exciting inventory to keep our customers happy and to bring in new ones!! 

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 16

def keep the faith, were in the same boat but ours is paid off.......

Message 11 of 16

Good Morning!!!

Just curious - I just finished paying off my second capital loan offer yesterday. I did  Pre-Pay it in hopes of receving a new offer! What has everyones experience been in how long it took to receive a new offer? They took the Pre-pay amount I paid directly from a pending charge that I had to go through so they have already received funds. Was really praying and praying for a fast response and a new offer! Any experiences anyone can give or any insite from a Square Admin?

Thank you so much!

Message 12 of 16

@fatbodie2

Once you pre pay in full, they allow for UP to 2 weeks before reviewing your account again. It might be a little quicker than that since you used processed funds for repayment, but I would plan on a 2 week turn around.

Perhaps one of the admins or Capital Reps will be able to take a look at your post and provide additional guidance.

Best of everything to you 😊

Message 13 of 16

Thanks for your response! I received an email today congratulating me and that my capital offer has been paid in full. so they definitely have the funds and consider it to be a done deal....hopefully I get one soon. Last time it was three days after my last pay offf sate that I received my next offer. I am not even entirely sure how to get one of the admins to see this....o h well 🙂

Message 14 of 16

I'm in the same boat. I paidoff my loan off back on 8/31/2017 and got the email stating the payment was completed. I have yet to receive a new offer. 

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @gsxrfathead 

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Please check out our Capital FAQ page for any updates and commonly asked questions. If you still have any questions, please contact our Capital Teams for further information. They will be your best resource during this time. You can reach them via email here, or by giving them a call Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm PST.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 16