x

Loyalty Rewards App Integrated with Square POS

I'm looking to build a simple loyalty rewards iOS app for a client with a small buisness using a Square POS.  Ideally the app would integrate with this clients Square POS system in order to tie reward objects to a user based on the transaction amount.  I'd love to do this with something like a QR code that could be scanned at checkout (think Cafe Rio's App), but I can't find a way to integrate with square in this way using any of the Connect APIs.  My only idea is to have customers scan their reciepts and use the Transaction API to trace back their transaction and upload that amount in point to my owner server.  Is this possible, and is there a more fluid way of accomplishing this?  Appreciate any help you all can give (:

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @TrevorAdcock,

Welcome to the Seller Community! For additional information on integrating Square into your apps, have a look at our Square Developer page. In addition, I'll go ahead and surface your post with our API folks for a closer look. We'll circle back with any other suggestions for next steps.

FYI: in the future feel free to check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2