x

Loyalty: Which variable price item is free?

My items (cups of frozen yogurt, for example) are priced variably. The cashier weighs the cup, selects "regular cup" on the square register and enters the price based on weight. My loyalty reward is a free cup. If the customer purchases more than one cup in the same transaction that they redeem their reward, which one will be the "free" cup? Thanks for your guidance before rolling this out.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @TheYogurtShoppe, welcome to the seller community — love frozen yogurt! 🍦🍦🍦

Great question. The reward will be applied to the item that's added to the ticket first, regardless of the price. Depending on how you'd like to instruct your employees to redeem the rewards, you may want to suggest that, if different sized cups make up the same transaction, they should add the smaller one first — unless you're feeling extra generous. 😉

For a refresher on getting started with Square Loyalty, have a look at our Support Center: Create a Loyalty Program with Square

Hope this helps! Let us know if anything comes up.

If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @TheYogurtShoppe, welcome to the seller community — love frozen yogurt! 🍦🍦🍦

Great question. The reward will be applied to the item that's added to the ticket first, regardless of the price. Depending on how you'd like to instruct your employees to redeem the rewards, you may want to suggest that, if different sized cups make up the same transaction, they should add the smaller one first — unless you're feeling extra generous. 😉

For a refresher on getting started with Square Loyalty, have a look at our Support Center: Create a Loyalty Program with Square

Hope this helps! Let us know if anything comes up.

If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2