x

Make a change to all items at once

Is it possible to make a global change to all items in the catalogue?

As our item list has grown and been input by multiple people we need to make a change to the option "skip detail screen at checkout".

Can that be done globally or do we have to go through each item individually and toggle it?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Walters_Camp I’m assuming you mean you want to change the setting circled in red in the screen shot below?  

If so, go to your Item Library.  Click on the Actions button and export your library.  Then using a spreadsheet app, you can change the column labeled “Auto Add Item” to either Y or N.  Once done, you can then import your corrected library back to Square.

Just be sure no one else is modifying the item library while you are doing this or their changes will be lost when you import.

I hope that helps.

E8696313-6C1E-4F43-A4E2-586C2E0C27A7.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Walters_Camp I’m assuming you mean you want to change the setting circled in red in the screen shot below?  

If so, go to your Item Library.  Click on the Actions button and export your library.  Then using a spreadsheet app, you can change the column labeled “Auto Add Item” to either Y or N.  Once done, you can then import your corrected library back to Square.

Just be sure no one else is modifying the item library while you are doing this or their changes will be lost when you import.

I hope that helps.

E8696313-6C1E-4F43-A4E2-586C2E0C27A7.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3

Make perfect sense.  Thank you very much for the reply.

Message 3 of 3