x
Beta Member

Manual Returns

I am transitioning from Shopkeep to Square. We had someone come in with a Receipt from Shopkeep that needed to do a return. I couldn't find an option on Square Retail to do a Manual Return. We had that option on Shopkeep. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Welcome to Square and to the Seller Community, @Andy212FL!

At this time, there isn't a way to process a return manually - you will only be able to process returns for items purchased through your Square Point of Sale. In this situation, you have a couple of options. You could use the Paid Out function to give your customer the return amount from your cash register - or you can process the return outside of Square (by cash, check, etc).

Let us know if you have questions about any of this.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

You guys really need to fix this problem.  We've been using Quickbooks for 10 years and recently switched and have no way to process returns from prior to using Square.  Also we don't require receipts for all returns so we aren't always able to look them up that way.

Message 3 of 10

I agree with @Laurenc06. The fact that this isn't an option at all is ridiculous. 

Message 4 of 10

What is the Paid Out function?

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

You'll find it under reports, cash drawer, and the pay in/pay out option. 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jcamp7065, check out more information here on Square Cash Management, specifically about paid in/out.  If you have any questions please let us know. 

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Same here. I pay $60 a month and can not do easy returns

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Also agree. Very very very stupid and cumbersome. Even a cash sale that WAS done in square without a receipt can't be processed because we have no way to do a manual return.  I am so irritated. I've spent weeks setting up square and this is such a no-brainer I dind't even think to ask about it before I made my decision to switch. REALLY REALLY DUMB, SQUARE FOLKS! Give us some options!

Message 9 of 10

Square it's seems like everybody with a retail buisness that has returns is really frustrated at you for not having a solution to this problem, even tho people have been asking for it since 2018 ..PLEASE MAKE AN OPTION FOR RETURNS WITH OUT RECEIPT!!

Seems this should be a very standard feature on all PoS systems?

Message 10 of 10