x

Marketing questions.

I was wondering what marketing is the best for sales?

Also is pro worth it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi Goatgirlcreates,

There's no one method, best to consider a combination. Start with ways that are basically free, else you're just making someone else happy. Social media can help - for example, if you have a brick and mortar business, get listed on Google Maps and Bing Maps.  Assuming you have a website, there's Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Flicker, Pinterest, Tiktoc, Instagram, etc.   Then there's your local paper - sometimes you can find a good deal. Also consider local events, Farmer's Markets, Art Shows, etc.   Whatever works best for your items.   Word of mouth is super helpful, ask customers to spread the word and see if friends and fami

jk

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

It really depends on the product you're looking to market and also your clientele.

I run a brick and mortar store and we've learned the hard way that social media marketing doesn't really work very well for us. People either need our products and search for us or they don't need our products for the most part. I use targeted google ads and find it's the best value for ad spend. Printed media is still woefully expensive for our needs and discount deal sites like groupon have stopped generating as much buzz as they used to.

If you're selling a unique or one product line ad spend on social media might pay off but IMO ad spend is highly "un-organic" which results in a very rapid burn for very little practical results. Building a business takes time and effort and unfortunately there's very few ways to accelerate success unless your pockets are deep.

Depending on your business you're better off doing a referral program and local events to get your product out there, keep in mind you're going to be your biggest cheerleader and I can't stress this enough not everyone is going to push your product as hard as you can or will.

If you're making the products yourself ask friends and family for honest feedback in terms of pricing/marketing before you spend anything on ads or social media. I always say to be your harshest critic and look at your product/market objectively because even with advice from friends/family they are likely to sugar coat it.

Best of luck and remember that organic growth is the cheapest and most effective growth, anything you spend in marketing needs to be AFTER you've sold a few or tested the market. 

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3