x

Military shipping addresses

How do we provide an option to ship to an APO or APE address for packages going to the military?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Shipping to military addresses is now an option! Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. 😊

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @SteveJ! So if you're using Square Invoices, yes you can request that your customer enters a shipping address when they pay the invoice. 

When paying the invoice your customers will need to enter their shipping information in the format below. They can enter 'APO' as the state and change the country from the dropdown (click on 'United States' for more options).

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 13.13.06.png

But if you're using Square's Online Store then only customers located in the US can place an order. This means someone with a military address would see an error if they tried to enter their address. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Is this going to get fixed anytime soon? This shouldn’t be be hard! Looks like there are quite a few of us that this hinders. 

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Shipping to military addresses is now an option! Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. 😊

Adam
Message 4 of 10

Any idea why this feature is not working?  I've added the three military options to my list of shipping regions.  However, when I add an new item to my checkout cart, the military locations do not appear.  Is there something else I need to do for them to appear in the drop-down list?  All of the other states and properties appear just fine.  Only the military locations are missing.  Please advise if you or someone else other there has an answer to this question!

Message 5 of 10

I have it selected but the options don't appear for my customers when checking out. Can we get this fixed.

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @SpeakeasyRob , thanks for reaching out. I see you already posted this feature request on our Ideate Board, perfect! This is where we will be tracking all the feature requests for now. If other sellers do come across this thread please comment on this feature request tagged in this reply. We will make sure to keep you guys updated. Thank you so much again! 

Message 7 of 10

I spoke to production support today and they are working on the problem.  No ETA on when it will be corrected.

Message 8 of 10
Admin

Thanks for the update, @GGH210. Hopefully the issue is fixed soon!

Adam
Message 9 of 10

This is VERY disappointing. I first talked with Support several years ago and they simply told me it wasn't possible. Now that it is "possible", it simply doesn't work. Any changes I make to the list of states in the shipping location doesn't make any difference when checking out. It includes all 50 of the states, the US territories, but STILL OMITS the military & diplomatic locations.

When will this actually work?

Message 10 of 10