x

Minimum payment spend limit changed

Hi,

When I purchased the Square card machine in December, I went with this one as it said there was no minimum payment limit as I have items that are for just 50p. When I have gone to take a payment today it is showing the minimum amount to be at £1. I haven't received any communication to say this was increasing and with putting the question into a popular search engine it is not coming up with anything,

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Bramley_House, thank you for your post! I'm really sorry that you have seen some incorrect information. Can you let me know where it mention no minimum payment limit? I'd like to flag it to the appropriate team so they can correct this on our end. 

The minimum amount required to process a card payment with Square has always been £1.00. We're always looking for ways to help our sellers but we haven't made changes to the minimum transaction amount at this point. I'll be sure to keep you update if I have any additional information. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Hi @tranguyen,

Thank you for replying.

I have had a look and I can't locate the details of what it said and it was on a comparison site and with it being near the start of December I can't remember which one it was.

Is there anyway the minimum card payment can be lowered?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for letting me know all the same @Bramley_House. I've flagged this to the appropriate team so they can keep an eye out to make sure the right information are out there. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to lower the minimum card payment require right now. Any payments below £1.00 would need to be registered as cash or other tend. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4