x

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Title changed from "invoice HELP" to "Is there a way to see all of one customer's invoices together?" 

Do you think Square will make invoices where you can see all of one customers invoices together? I would like the option to see all of their invoices on their square profile. That way they can pay their full balance together, instead of seperate. They also need more options under the invoice feature. More detailed reports and more. With a couple of updates to invoices, it would be a great feature! Do not currently use because of this!!! 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Create report of payments due and export as a list?

Let's see if this would work for you, @ericinLA!

From your Dashboard > InvoicesReports. You can select up to 10 invoices for a customer and send a customer statement.

Locate the customer, then click the three dots to the far right of that line > select Send reminders

This will allow you to include up to 10 outstanding invoices in 1 email, and your customer can click each link to pay.
This is an example of what your customer will see:

Let me know if this is more what you are looking to do!  

132 Comments

I sell drinks to a wholesale customer.  Is there some way I can post each sale (usually 1-2 times weekly), show it unpaid, and then total those sales at the end of the month and send an invoice to the buyer for the montly total?  I just realized that Iʻve been posting each sale and showing it paid by cash (even though it was actually paid).  Then at the end of the month Iʻm sending an invoice for the total, and the buyer is paying me by credit card via Square.  The end result is that Square is showing these sales paid twice!  Any suggestions?

Hi! I have a similar question. Can clients pay for multiple invoices at one time? Thanks!
Square

@alanvzee - Apologies for the delay! Have you thought about using Square's Invoice template to send your initial invoice? 

@DanEnt - We don't currently offer this functionality. Would you mind sharing more details about your use case? 

Sure! I'm looking for a workaround to allow clients to make payments on invoices. Rather than editing invoices or applying discounts, I was thinking I could create multiple invoices of smaller increments. I'm wondering if the client can pay for more than one invoice at one time in the event that they want to pay for more than one of these smaller invoices.
Square

@DanEnt - Thanks for the follow up! There really isn't a great workaround for partial payments at this point, but I'll be sure to share your feedback!

Okay. Thanks! : )

Thank you for the reply, Sean.  I wasn't aware of the invoice template.  In the meantime, what I did find was the Open Ticket function in Settings.  This works well, as I can add wholesale orders to the open ticket and turn the ticket into an invoice at the end of the month.

Square

@alanvzee - Happy to help, and that's a great alternative! 🙂

can you compile invoices that are under the same customer to be a running total instead of having a new invoice for everyday and having to add them all up?

Admin

Hey @Jmoreno44, welcome and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, there isn't a way to compile or merge an invoice for a single customer. A bit of a tangent, but a handful of sellers brought up a similar request in another thread: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

We're keeping track of these features, and I'll be sure to pass your post over to our Product Liaison team. Thanks for your patience and let us know if you have any other questions. 👍🏻