x

Move Transaction from one employee to another

One of my employees rung up a customer while the register still had the other employee logged in.

Our employees get a commission on gross revenue from the services they sell...so I need to move that transaction from one employee to another.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Square

Welcome to the Community, @m4munson - good question. 

There isn't a way to retroactively transfer the sale to a different employee, unfortunately, so the correction would need to take place outside of Square. If you're not already using Open Tickets, they would help with this scenario in the future. 

We recently added an update that allows Open Tickets to be transferred between employees, so you staff could reassign them as needed. (Though to be clear, this still needs to be prior to closing the ticket/sale.) Here's how to Transfer an Open Ticket on an iPad. Hopefully that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 36

That's pretty surprising.  I can't be the only one to think it would be a good idea to be able to do this.  If business are going to be tracking sales by employees, there should be a way to correct for the occasional transaction being rung up under the wrong employee.

Is there a way to submit for system updates?

Message 3 of 36
Square

It is a common request, @m4munson, and definitely see how it would help in this example. At least for the time being we not developing a way to change completed sales but nonetheless, we do share the feedback we receive here in the Community.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 36

we could really use this ability too. Thinking about changing POS system due to this lack of a feature.

Message 5 of 36
Beta Member

In order to prevent the wrong transaction accountability, I have my team members close the pos after the transaction. This way whoever will next use the pos will have to log in with their code. Problem solved.

Hopefully this helps.

Adam Stibinger

Master Barber/Founder

Alex's Barber Shop LLC

www.alx61.com

@ALX61

Message 6 of 36

Seeing multiple threads of this same issue, now going back to 2017. Is there a reason Square hasn't made any progress on such a basic/standard feature? Would love to have an update on the progress...

Message 7 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ washbangers,

I understand your frustration not having an update for this feature request at the moment. We continue to advocate for the suggestions we receive. A number of different factors are considered when feature request are developed, such as demand, cost, other features in development, just to name a few. You can learn more about how Feature Requests in the Seller Community work here

Message 8 of 36

We are also having the same issue where our employees are helping multiple customers at once and one employee will forget to log back in before taking a transaction and her tip will go to the other employee. We need the ability to transfer transactions from employee to employee. This on top of not being able to edit invoices once a deposit has been made as probably our last straw. 

Message 9 of 36

I am sorry that your expectations haven’t been met with these missing features @Rcajdg. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 36

Our shop could really use this feature as well. Being able to transfer a sale when accidentally applied to the wrong team member seems like a pretty basic feature. I hope square will add it quickly!

Message 11 of 36
Admin

Thanks for your post @beardsandbeers, I'll share your interest with the team. If this feature does become available in future we'll update this thread!

😊

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 36

I was hoping to be able to do this too as it happens frequently in my place or work. -OR- it would be nice if the ap would force you to enter employee for every sale. 

Message 13 of 36
Admin

Hey @Complexions, thanks for posting. I'll add your vote and I'll also send the team your thoughts about requiring an employee for each sale! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 36

I could also use this feature.  Had this problem tonight where ticket was closed on one employee and needed to transfer the transaction to another employee in order to keep the tips on credit card that was left to the server.   

Message 15 of 36

Add us to the list of people who would benefit from this feature. Pretty shocking to be mid-2018 and still not able to.... 

Message 16 of 36

This is a crucial function if we pay for team member subscription of $35 per month. Square, you need to get your stuff together. This is not a nice to have, but a must have if we’re paying an added premium per month. 

Message 17 of 36

We paid $35 to have team membership subscription. However, the system does not allowed to switch employees after you post a transaction (not open ticket) However, the system does not allowed to switch employees after you post a transaction (not open ticket)

this is a very crucial function, especially if we have to pay extra to square. Can you please advise when you’ll have this function available. 

Message 18 of 36

Hey @APSAutospa thank you so much for taking the time to post in this thread. I moved your other thread into this one so we can keep all of the requests for this feature into one place. 

Your feedback has been shared with our Development Team and feel free to follow this thread so you can get updated anytime someone posts. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 36

Has anything been done to help with this feature?  I run a furniture store and I have sales employees create an invoice.  However, I have other employees that deliver the furniture and take payment upon delivery.  When they do this, the delivery person is then credited with the sale.  I pay my sales employees by commission and my delivery employees by the hour.  I can't have my sales employees losing their commission because my delivery employees are taking payment.  Please help.  

Thank you. 

Message 20 of 36
Beta Member

Lol, its only been 3 years since this thread was started. Looks like this simple change won't be happening anytime in the near future. But thanks for the patronizing standard tech support responses. 

Message 21 of 36