x

Multiple Variations for a single listing

I use POS for in-person sales at a market and I have a Square Online website (Weebly) linked.   I have an item (Initial Pendants) that people often purchase multiples of.  For example, "A", "B", "G", etc.     Can I set up one item, Pendant, and have ability to select multiple 'letters' in one listing?

I would rather not have the customer (or me on POS) have to 'buy' each item one at a time.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Debfallon!

What I would suggest for this is creating one item, Pendants, and then using Modifiers instead of Variations. With modifiers you can apply them to just one item, and select multiple, such as "A", "B" or "C". You can add an additional cost to each modifier, or make them zero dollars. Up to you. 

Is this what you mean? Let me know. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

Hi @isabelle 

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work as I would expect.   

I have a pendant Item for $2.50

I have modifiers of a, b, c, d, e.... with Price of $2.50 each

When I select the item (it registers $2.50 automatically), and then I select the letters A and B, the total is $7.50 instead of $5.00 (for two pendants).   Do I have to make the item $0 for this to work?   That's confusing to the buyer looking at the item I think.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Debfallon

I agree. That would be confusing. 

I think what I would do is create an item for each charm (item A, item B, item C, etc.), then I would leave all of their prices to variable. That way when they're checking out, you can input the price for each charm at that time. You'll input the price for the first charm, then the second, and be able to determine what the total is.

Does that make sense? I realize that's not ideal but it will allow you to track the inventory per charm. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4