x

My Square Card was stolen! What do I do?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Debit Card Compromised - Please help?]

I've had a Square debit card since they started offering them. Today I received two emails with debits of $106 and $212 at a Target store that I did not make, and the emails said that the transactions had been declined due to insufficient funds. I still have the money ($100) that the $106 transaction tried to take, but I am still missing the money from the second transaction, $212. Based on my balance activity, it looks like the transaction for $212 was attempted a second time and is listed as "pending". Support doesn't open until Monday - has this happened to anyone else? I've been using the Square app for 6 years, and the debit card for a year, this is the first time anything like this has happened.

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FPP!

I am so sorry about that. It sounds like your Square Card was stolen.

Because we don't have weekend phone support available for all sellers, I would suggest disabling your Square Card in the meantime.

If your Square Card is stolen, you can cancel and reorder it from your Square app. This will automatically disable your card. Your funds will continue to accrue in your Square balance while you wait for your new card to arrive, but you can manually transfer that money to your linked bank account at any time.

From your online Square Dashboard on a computer:

1. Go to the Balance tab > select Square Card.
  2. Click Card Management.
  3. Next to Status, click on the blue “…” icon.
  4. Select Report Lost or Stolen > Order a New Card.

We do have weekend email support, so I would suggest sending us an email so we can look into the transactions. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to order a replacement Square Card?

I lost my square card how can I replace?

Message 2 of 33
Admin

@Absolutethatapy Thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community. Happy to have you here.

You can cancel and reorder it from your Square app or online Square Dashboard. This will automatically cancel your card. 

Square Card will take 7-10 days to arrive. Your funds will continue to accrue in your Square balance while you wait for your new card to arrive, and you can manually transfer that money to your linked bank account at any time.

To do so from your Square app:

1. Open your Square app > tap Deposits > Square Card
  2. Tap Get help with card.

1. Go to the Deposits tab > select Square Card.
kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 3 of 33

w

Message 4 of 33

Need help ordering a new square card?

Message 5 of 33
Admin

@Sheffboyarjay I moved your post here so you can check out kellyj's answer above on how to order a new Square Card. Feel free to also call our team if you get stuck!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 33

My employee misplaced the Square Card. I locked it in case it has been stolen. However, I cannot figure out how to order a new card. The old instructions on these threads are not relevant to the many updates since those posts. 

Where do I find that information?

Message 7 of 33
Super Seller

Hello @CoffeeRoasterMI !

Sorry to hear about the missing card! That’s not fun at all. 

Yes, the product enhancements have definitely made some of the troubleshooting help out of date on the community. 

Here’s what I’ve found:

-From your Point of Sale app, tap on More, then Balance. 

-Scroll down to Manage, tap on Checking

-Scroll down to Get Help with Checking

-Tap I lost my debit card and follow the instructions. 

Hope this helps, and tell your employee to leave your stuff alone. 🙂 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 33

My existing card is a little "beat up" now and I'd like to order a new card.  I received an e-mail indicating I'm able to customize the card option with my actual signature.  This is fantastic and would love to do so.  I've clicked on the link and am unable to see where this option exists.  I've checked on both the desktop and mobile app.  Directions and assistance would be most appreciated.  Gracias - Manuel

Message 9 of 33
Square Community Moderator

I can see that you already received a response to this question here @MRPH0T0. Let me know if you still need help with this question.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 33
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FPP!

I am so sorry about that. It sounds like your Square Card was stolen.

Because we don't have weekend phone support available for all sellers, I would suggest disabling your Square Card in the meantime.

If your Square Card is stolen, you can cancel and reorder it from your Square app. This will automatically disable your card. Your funds will continue to accrue in your Square balance while you wait for your new card to arrive, but you can manually transfer that money to your linked bank account at any time.

1. Go to the Balance tab > select Square Card.

We do have weekend email support, so I would suggest sending us an email so we can look into the transactions. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 33

They spend all the money that I had in the account! Almost $300! They stole my number some kind of way. I have the card. The last place I use it was at Cracker Barrel

Message 12 of 33
Admin

@CherylPerette I'd suggest following the steps that Isabelle_ outlined above. You can also reach out to our Support Team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 33

I still cannot figure out how to order a new card

Message 14 of 33

Hi @starfich21 - Welcome to the Community!

Below are the steps for ordering a new Square Debit Card. 

Visit the Balance section of your online Dashboard or Square app.

Once you've arrived, on the right you should see the option for it appear this way

Let me know if this helps 🙂 

Ria
Message 15 of 33

There is NO "Square Card" tab on the "balance" page. I've been looking for the Square Card link for 2 days and can't find.

Message 16 of 33

Hey there @GruvyGraphics

Our menus and pages have been reorganized since the last post here. You can find the Square Card page here. To get there you would have to click on Balance > Select or click on your location and then on the upper right you will see a little Gear Cog. From there you can select Checking Settings, which will bring you to the Square Card Page.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 17 of 33

Those steps given online to get a replacement card are incorrect. Theer is no "manage my card" tab on the computer site anywhere. There is no "order a new card" tab either like the online instructions state.

Message 18 of 33

Hey there @twofunkyboys,

You should be able to navigate to this Square Card Page by opening your app and selecting Balance > Checking

You will then find the options to cancel your card. Let us know how you go here!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 19 of 33

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: What should I do if my Square Card was lost in the mail?

I signed up for the Square Card a couple months back and never received the card. What is the typical wait time and where do I report the issue if it got lost in the mail? Thanks.

Message 20 of 33
Alumni

Sorry to hear about this, @SturgellDesign! You should have received your Square Card within 7-10 business days from the day that you placed your order. Since you still have not received it, and it's been longer than 7-10 business days, let's order a new one. Here's how:

1. Open up the Square Point of Sale app on your mobile device
  2. Log into app, go to Balance, then select Square Card 
  3. At the bottom of your screen, hit Get Help with Card
  4. Select I never received my card, and follow to prompts to order a new one

Please reach out directly if you need any help with these steps! 👍

Valentina
Message 21 of 33