x

My Story Isn't Showing Up in Stories Section

My story is on my story page when I preview my website, but not when I publish it. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

HI, thank you for the link.

Your My Blog page links to STORIES.

You need to add a link to the actual Story.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to add.

Within the Editor, click the down arrow Page:Home, scroll down to select the story you added, click Header, click Navigation, click Navigation Links, hover over Stories, a popup to Add Sub Navigation Link to add the story, click Back, click Done.

Going forward you do need to add each story as a sub-navigation link for it to display.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.24.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 22 of 46

Thanks. I think I'm not making myself clear, so I'm sorry about that. I did add a link to the actual story. That is the problem; it won't show up. I can't give you a link of what I want it to look like because it isn't working. It works fine on the preview, the page shows up on the navigation, the stories page, and the actual STORY page, but it doesn't appear on any of those things when I publish it. Not even on the share the preview link. Any thoughts?

Message 23 of 46

I just added a second page - it was a complete copy (other than me adding "2") and now they are both appearing on the website! I'm just about to delete the old one, and hopefully that solved the problem.

Message 24 of 46

That did it! Just some weird bug I guess.

Message 25 of 46

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried every which way and all I end up with is a page with a title but the stories don't appear. 

Followed the steps above and "no love". 😞 Super frustrating. I'm about to create a blank page and make my own blog as a standard page. It just shouldn't be this difficult....

Message 26 of 46

There is something on their end going on right now. I have been messing with the story pages again since last night. I am currently on the phone with them at the moment. They are doing all sorts of trouble shooting. I have been on the phone for over a hour and a half.

Message 27 of 46

If you get an solution can you please, please post it here? I've checked every thread in the forum and can't seem to find a fix. Otherwise I'm going to call as well.

Thank you for replying!! ❤️

Message 28 of 46

I will. I believe once they solve it, it may fix your problem too. They told me that it is a problem on their end, and that it is a high priority that they are working on. But as soon as it is fixed, I’ll comment here as well as explain any useful info.

Message 29 of 46

Thanks so much! 😀

Message 30 of 46

Ditto! I am so peeved.

I spent over 2 hours Wednesday creating stories to announce neighborhood events happening this weekend - a total waste of time since the stories aren't posting as of today - Friday.

I have plenty of stories posted already that worked as they should over the last YEAR.

This is not user error!!! I double & triple checked all components.

This week: I made the entries. I saw them in Preview. I clicked Published. It confirmed "Published!" It doesn't show up on my website's story page when not logged in. 

It makes no sense. 👿

I assume they will show up when the functionality is fixed.

But I wasted hours of my time and failed to meet the promise I made to multiple nonprofits asking to publicize their fundraising events this weekend. PEEVED.

Message 31 of 46

You can see here - https://www.stand.us.org/s/stories

Online - published view:

• stories-wrong.png

In Preview/edit mode - my view only - shows the car show and Taste of Queen Anne events.

•    stories-right (edit mode).png

I also tried multiple browsers and devices, including Incognito Mode which disables all cookies.

I do web design for a living.

This is not user error.

Message 32 of 46

Message 33 of 46

We feel you! Is it fixed for you yet? Mine is still a mess

Message 34 of 46

Can someone give me any suggestions? My stories summary page is in navigation, it appears on the published site but it loads blank. I have the story page linked in the subnaviation menu to the stories summary. I can see everything in preview but not on the active site after being published.

Message 35 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ljatsoh Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your stories feature. 

The issue you are describing has been identified as a bug. Our engineers are working hard to resolve the issue, and we'll be updating the post here once we have more information. 

Message 36 of 46

I'm having the same problem too! Was about to call, but I'll wait to see your reply. Many thanks!

Message 37 of 46

Hello @AUTHORize @ljatsoh and @lemina

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about this! I recommend reaching out to our Square Online Customer Success team directly so they can take a look at that for you!

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 38 of 46

I'm having the same issue. This is ridiculous and yall want us to pay monthly for a site that is riddled with bugs. It's hard to even find how to contact someone at Weebly. I guess I keep an eye on this post for a fix. 

Message 39 of 46

I'm sorry for the frustration, @TheOasis

You can reach the team through this link here. Make sure to choose the option for "online store" otherwise, a rep will transfer you to the correct team. 

We'll make sure to update this thread once we have more information about the bug. 

Message 40 of 46

I’m having the same issue. I see my most recent story in the preview and no matter how many times I hit ‘publish’ it won’t show up on my live site.

Message 41 of 46

Welcome to the Community, @Johanna22 

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your website. We're keeping an eye on updates for this bug, and will update this thread once we have more information. 

Message 42 of 46