x

My chip reader was stolen - do I need to report this to Square?

My  Chip reader was recently stolen in a burglary. My friend said I needed to report this to square. Since you have to sign in to use the  Is reporting this just square Greeley necessary. If yes how do I report it.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about your burglary! That's never fun. 😞

If all they got was the reader, you're ok. The hardware isn't tied to any specific account. If they got your tablet, that's a different story. If it was an iPad, I'd use the Find my iPhone app (if you have it on another device) or there is a way online to clear the contents of the iPad. That way it would wipe any option they would have to get into your Square account or any other data you have on the tablet. I'm assuming there is a similar way to do it in the Android ecosystem, but I am not sure how.

Hopefully they didn't get much from you, but no matter the amount they got, that sinking feeling that someone would do this to you is the worst. Best of luck getting everything back to normal!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about your burglary! That's never fun. 😞

If all they got was the reader, you're ok. The hardware isn't tied to any specific account. If they got your tablet, that's a different story. If it was an iPad, I'd use the Find my iPhone app (if you have it on another device) or there is a way online to clear the contents of the iPad. That way it would wipe any option they would have to get into your Square account or any other data you have on the tablet. I'm assuming there is a similar way to do it in the Android ecosystem, but I am not sure how.

Hopefully they didn't get much from you, but no matter the amount they got, that sinking feeling that someone would do this to you is the worst. Best of luck getting everything back to normal!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2