x

My network connection keeps bouncing?

Been using the new complete square terminal for a while now and we are now having issues with the POS connecting to the internet. It will connect and disconnect over and over forcing us into offline mode. Has anyone else had this issue? What was your resolve?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Are you connecting via ethernet or wireless? If it's ethernet you could have a short in that cable. It could also be your ISP unless other devices are behaving normal.

Message 2 of 5

This just started since last Thursday for me. Support doesn’t have a viable answer to troubleshoot the problem, they just keep telling me to reset the device.

my internet works since all the delivery apps are on, and I can connect to my iPhone hotspot, but for whatever reason, my Wifi signal is only “good” and not “excellent” so the square hardware just keeps going on offline mode. I think it’s a bug in their system that isn’t allowing “good” signals to stay connected to the terminal now. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Oh no, @Kchiao!

If you have reset the hardware and the issue persists there must be something else going on. This not the experience we want our Sellers to have.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Hardware team can dig in with you and get it escalated. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

If you are using wifi  and you are in the uk I think you will find that your terminal wants to keep connecting to the BT network. This is the same problem I have and as BT requires no password you can't stop it don't know what the answer is unless the tech dep't can come up with something.

Message 5 of 5