x

My tax form is drastically different to the report I can pull up for the same period..

I'm noticing that the numbers for each month on my tax form 1099k are drastically different from my records and those I can see when I pull up a report for the same period. Can anyone help me figure out why? Is there any way to request a new one?

thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Are you pulling your reports from your Square Dashboard, or from a different system? I'd recommend double-checking that the date ranges in both systems match, and also double-checking that your business information in your Square Dashboard is up to date, and accurate. If you need to update your business information, keep these tips in mind:

• Enter your legal name instead of your business name. A trade name, “Doing Business As” or “DBA” is not a filing recognized by the IRS. Example: John D. Smith DBA "John Smith Enterprises" should be entered as "John D. Smith".
  • Enter your full legal name 
  • If you recently married, try using your maiden name
  • If you have a sole proprietorship, please try entering your legal name. Sole proprietorships are generally under the owner’s name vs. the business name

If everything is accurate, and the numbers are still off, then please send our Support team an email. They'll work with you and our Tax team to get everything sorted out. Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 5

Everything matches and the date ranges are the same. But the tax form reports much more income than the dshboard does. I have contacted the support center but haven't had any response yet.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Gotcha - thanks for following up! Glad you sent in an email. I know taxes are due soon, so I'll check in with them on it for you.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks, Caty! I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5