x
Dawgs64

NEW: how to correct a bad import of customer data

I'm trying to import my customer list from a CSV file and I keep getting an error "Wrong Number of Fields". I've downloaded the template and copy/pasted my email list info one at a time and still get an error. Then I tried exporting a list of what I currently have entered, changed the fields to match...still get the same error. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
1hbomb

Re: NEW: how to correct a bad import of customer data

I am also getting an error when I import my customer list "wrong number of fields".

Only first  15 imported of several hundred customers imported.

I am on a mac, tried Chrome and firefox browsers. Deleted cache on both browsers then restarted browsers. Using the .csv template provided  by square.

I also reordered the list from the 15th entry to see if there was something specific. 

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey there @Dawgs64 & @1hbomb - sorry you're having trouble importing your customers. Have you looked at these most common importing errors yet? You'll find some troubleshooting tips that might help. 

Message 3 of 5
1hbomb

Thanks for that JusinC. I did double check all of that. None address the error I was getting. It took two square customer service folks to get in imported correctly.

The second was a customer directory specific one. 

From what I understand, the second person copy and pasted my list into goggle sheets and resaved it as a .csv doc then imported it. 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Ah, Sweet! 🙌 I'm glad Support was able to help. Spreadsheets are super finicky and a pain to import in my opinion lol. Thanks for sharing the fix with us.

@Dawgs64, hopefully @1hbomb's post helped with next steps! 

Message 5 of 5