x

Need a way to reduce the price of an item.

I have an issue. I am trying to setup this system and highly frustrated. I am trying to setup an item with a modifier that will reduce the cost of an item.. Let say I am selling a t-shirt I can put a custom design on for $20 . I have someone come in that wants the same design on multiple shirts and I want to give a $5 discount per shirt. But lets say they add a shirt with a different design, they do not get a discount. First off the discount function doesn't work I am allowed on only apply a single manual discount. Second the auto discount doesn't have enough flexibility.  Would rather not have a variable discount but that seems like my only choice. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

@KenMoss You're right that auto discounts don't behave on a level based on criteria that granular. I hate to say, but you'll need to create a $ discount, leave it variable, and add the discounted amount at checkout. 

Discounts are vital in customer retention and incentivizes them to buy more. So I definitely understand the the value in additional customization options. 

Apologies for the frustration, Hang in there with us while we work on improvements. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2