x

Need report with item sales minus fees

For our school non-profit, each different item gets credited to a different department or department sub-category.  When we have multiple items being purchased at once/donations being made to different departments, it's very difficult to properly credit them on our end when I only see the gross sales not sales minus fees.

Transactions csv is close, but not quite because the item title isn't listed, but description.  If someone purchases multiple registrations (say for 2 children), sorting by description no longer works.

It seems like it should be simple on your end to figure out our net by item vs us needing to spend an hour tweaking spreadsheet every month.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lab! Have you tried the Item Sales report, which will show you the item name and the net sales? Another option is exporting the Item Summary CSV or the Item Detail CSV, which will also include the item name and fees charged.

I think the item sales report may work best, because you can control it all from the Square Dashboard, but you should be able to garner this information from the other reports too. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Net sales doesn't show price - fees. Net sales is simply showing the same price as gross since we don't need to charge a sales tax?  And the Item Detail does not show fees either.  I can only see fees on summary reports which isn't helpful for the purpose of splitting it between departments.

I guess I will just run a formula to approximate the fees on each item and figure that will be pretty close, but it seems like square could provide the exact amount.

Message 3 of 9

I have this same problem!  Did you ever find a report that shows each item with the net AFTER Square fees?

Message 4 of 9

Hey there @KKPV 

While a report like this one is considered a Feature Request you may be able to have better visibility at this by Creating a Custom Report.

When creating the report you'll want to add an Item Sales report and once the section is added you may edit the columns to include the net sale price of the items sold. 

I hope this information is helpful! P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9

I did not see the fees for my item sales in the items sales report. Am i missing something?

Message 6 of 9

Hello @judysteacy your fees will not show in your item sales report. It will show in the sale summary report. 

I hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know. 

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

@judysteacy ;

If you need the Fee per Item this is not possible.  Now a Fee for the entire Transaction is possible.  

If you go to Transactions - the Select the Transaction (double Click) another tab opens with a copy of the receipt, scroll to the bottom and it will show the fee for this transaction.  

Now if you find out the above method is too tedious you can also download your Transaction.CSV file than can be opened by Google Sheets or Excel or similar spreadsheet programs.  This export will list all fees for every transaction in the date range you selected.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 9

I realized I misunderstood the ask, yes as @Candlestore mentioned you can view that information in Transactions. Thank you for hopping in there to help! 

Message 9 of 9