x

Need to Select Prepayment for Some Services and Not Others for Appointments

Currently, Square Appointments gives you three options for payment requirement for your clients to book online: No requirements to book, hold a card, and require prepayment. Your selection is a setting that applies to all of your bookable services.

I would like to request an updated that allows different payment requirements to be selected individually for each service. For example, I have some services that require prepayment and others for which the client pays after their appointment. Currently, I have it set to not require prepayment and then have to send invoices to collect prepayment for those services that I want to collect it for. It's clumsy and inefficient. Square, please make this update to help service providers better utilize Appointments. Thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @EllieLS and welcome to the Seller Community! I love this suggestion and will share this feature request with our Development Team. I can imagine that sending invoices would be frustrating as it can essentially be accepting that transaction twice. 

Thanks again for your time in sharing this and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Setting Specific Payment Options for Certain Services for Online Booking.

Is there a way to set different payment options for certain services?  For example, I'm a photographer and would like clients to book online with no-show protection for portrait sessions A, B, and C, but have a required prepay to book Portrait Session D.

This would be a very helpful ability that other online booking and payment services offer.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

It looks like another person asked about this here in the Community, so I've moved your post to the thread where we are tracking interest in this feature request. Thank you for taking the time to add your voice, and share how you would use this feature with us, @rivas8409!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

YES, PLEASE! Square, add a feature to prepay for some services/items but not all. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5