x

New Keypad design

The new keypad does not have a place to add notes, such as, invoice #'s.  I often ring up sales with multiple invoice numbers and it is helpful when I am doing my book keeping to match my QuickBooks with Sqaure transfer reports. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@ParrishFraming Which app are you using specifically (POS, Retail, Etc.) and where are you wanting to enter the invoice numbers?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 6

I am not 100% sure, the retail app I think, I use a the app on my phone as well as a tablet.  My phone app has not updated and this is what I have used for years.   See the upper left corner, where you can enter a "note" 

Screenshot_20210910-152112_Square Point of Sale.jpg

 My tablet which I mostly use has updated and there is no space to add a note. 

20210910_152143.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@ParrishFraming When you type in an amount do you get the add note pop up?  As soon as I typed it in the add note appeared.  IF it does not pop up, try hitting the 3 dots on the upper right.  On the tablet, I know when you review the sale you can tap on the custom item and enter a note there for sure.

Screenshot_20210913-110026_Square Point of Sale Beta.jpg

Let me know what yours does.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 6

No it does not, I did find the option to go back to the old layout and it warned me that option is only available for a limited time. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ParrishFraming,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the trouble! The updated app should allow you to add a note, just like in the screenshot @Donnie-M shared. Using the previous layout, like you currently are, would be the workaround for now. What's the model of the tablet you're using, and is the tablet itself, as well as the Square app, up to date with the most recent software available?

Message 6 of 6