x
Square

New in Customer Directory — add photos and files to your customer profiles!

Access more customer info at your fingertips.

We just released a new feature in Customer Directory to help you keep better records of your customers: profile attachments. You can now add photos and files to customer profiles, making it easier than ever to store all your customer information in one place.

Email_Image.png

Cut down on paper files and disorganized photo folders by keep track of before and after photos, records of custom work, waivers, contracts, and more, right in the point of sale.

Attachments can be added to a customer profile from the Square Point of Sale app, or from your online dashboard. In the app you can even take a picture right from a customer profile and have it saved right then and there.

Gif-smaller.gif

At this time, Directory supports .pdf .gif .jpg .jpeg and .png file types, and up to 100 files per profile. Each file cannot be larger than 20MB. [Note: Only upload files you have the rights to use. Do not use this feature to upload files containing illegal content or sensitive confidential information, including personal health information or credit card information.]

For more detailed instructions on how to use this feature, check out the Support Center. This feature is currently rolling out to all Square sellers, so if you don’t see it just yet, it should appear within the next week.

We’d love to hear your feedback or questions tell us what you think in the comments! And let us know how you’re using this feature or how else we can make Square Customer Directory more helpful for your business.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Nice. You guys are getting close to basically having a CRM which we've been looking to add for a while. Would definitely consider Square if this is the case.

Message 2 of 28
Square

That's great to hear @Antiques! If you have other feedback on your 'must have's' or blockers to trying us out, please do let us know. 

Message 3 of 28

We've been looking into using Zoho CRM or Method CRM but have not been super impressed. We already use Square for all our credit card transactions and we're happy to see these new features you guys are adding where it will soon get to the point that our service based business will not need a CRM.

Message 4 of 28
Beta Member

We desperately need a real postage calculator in the store. It's a big problem in my world and has been for a long time. 

Message 5 of 28

This is great!! Hope you add this feature to vendor profiles also! Would be great to attache contracts and consignment agreements we collect from our "vendors/artists". Keep up the great work!

Message 6 of 28

THIS is why I love Square and wouldnt change it for anything. Always improving, always staying up to date and always listening to their customers. You guys have a great company, I cant remenber how many times they've come to my shop to try and switch me to other companies but my answer is always NO, you just can compete with Square.

Message 7 of 28

Will there be a way to tell there is a note, or file for a customer in the appointments system? It would be super helpful if there was a symbol or something that was visible from the calendar to indicate the client had a note without clicking on the appointment to check. 

Message 8 of 28

If it all spoke to one another(Appointments used Items and plugged into Loyalty) so it was under one umbrella and the online store worked almost like a website, that would be perfect! Automation of the Appointments feature would be a nice addition  as well. This is a great step though! 

Message 9 of 28

Omg i totally agree, I'm a pet groomer and i'd love to see a pet name and breed at a glance and a note would be awesome in case the dog is a little cranky we know at ONE glance!!

Message 10 of 28

Is there any plan to make this feature usable for sensitive client information, specifically health related? I use Square POS/Appointments for my massage therapy practice, but I'm currently keeping my intake forms and session notes to pen & paper until I find a suitable online solution.

Message 11 of 28

I am also a LMT and I have the same question.

Message 12 of 28

Great new feature! If Square could add a robust CRM system, I would be in heaven. 

Message 13 of 28

In regards to additional updates to the customer information system, it'd be nice for customer Appointments and card payment info to combine automatically. Or to improve suggestions for duplicates.

Pretty much every time I get a new customer, the system adds them twice. Once for the info they provide when using Appointments to make a booking, and another when they pay with a card.

Only if the card info includes something like an email or phone number does the system suggest combining the customer profiles. It would be nice if it also suggested combining based on names.

Message 14 of 28
Beta Member

If you are using the POS app to check a client out for a service you can "add customer" to the sale and what you are talking about happens for the most part since the POS app and appointments don't automatically sync.  

Message 15 of 28

Can you help me locate the "add customer" option? I've searched through the POS app and am not seing it.

Message 16 of 28
Beta Member

after you set up a sale, before you press "Charge", press where it says "Current Sale", select the drop down icon on the right and there should be an option to "add customer".  It will pull up your customer directory!   

Message 17 of 28

Unfortunately it doesn't appear for me. I just updated my app to the latest version less than an hour ago. Perhaps it's not available on the Android version? That's frustrating. 😕

Oh well. Thanks for your help!

Message 18 of 28
Alumni

To add to @lianalmt (thank you for your help 🙏🏼) - You can also do it without opening a sale.

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar:Three Horizontal Lines
  2. or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:Register Switcher
  3. Tap Customers > tap All Customers or Your Groups to add them to an existing group.
  4. Tap Create Customer > enter your customer’s details.
  5. Tap Save.
Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 19 of 28

Thank you, but that's a lot more trouble than just letting the system make a customer account for me based on their card swipe info. It'd just be nice if it would suggest a merge with an existing customer based on names, rather than phone numbers or emails.

Message 20 of 28

I have a small family daycare and have loved using Square this year!  I would love it if I was able to print a customer report of their payments for the year.  I am diligent about matching customers in my file with their payments, now if I could only print year end reports for them for tax purposes would be great!  At the moment I have to record payments twice, once in Square and again in a separate spreadsheet for tax purposes.  

Message 21 of 28