x
Square

New in Customer Directory — add photos and files to your customer profiles!

Access more customer info at your fingertips.

We just released a new feature in Customer Directory to help you keep better records of your customers: profile attachments. You can now add photos and files to customer profiles, making it easier than ever to store all your customer information in one place.

Email_Image.png

Cut down on paper files and disorganized photo folders by keep track of before and after photos, records of custom work, waivers, contracts, and more, right in the point of sale.

Attachments can be added to a customer profile from the Square Point of Sale app, or from your online dashboard. In the app you can even take a picture right from a customer profile and have it saved right then and there.

Gif-smaller.gif

At this time, Directory supports .pdf .gif .jpg .jpeg and .png file types, and up to 100 files per profile. Each file cannot be larger than 20MB. [Note: Only upload files you have the rights to use. Do not use this feature to upload files containing illegal content or sensitive confidential information, including personal health information or credit card information.]

For more detailed instructions on how to use this feature, check out the Support Center. This feature is currently rolling out to all Square sellers, so if you don’t see it just yet, it should appear within the next week.

We’d love to hear your feedback or questions tell us what you think in the comments! And let us know how you’re using this feature or how else we can make Square Customer Directory more helpful for your business.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Have you tried exporting your transactions to a spreadsheet? Then you can sort them by name and print a selection for that name. Depending on the number of customers you have, you may also be able to utilize the dining option. I use this to keep track of commission based sales. You would create a "dining option" for each customer, then when the transaction is made, select that customer's dining option and then you can create a report based on this info. Feel free to hit me back if you need more info on this.

Message 22 of 28

I have been waiting for this feature! However; it will not work for the purpose I need it for. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist and would LOVE the ability to attach a client intake file and a way to take notes on each session. Is this something square plans to add in the future?

Message 23 of 28

Partial Payments on Invoices!! It's so disappointing for a major player like Square to be taking so long on such a basic, must-have feature.

Message 24 of 28

This is great but I do have one more request...  Can you create a feature that allows me to track referrals?  For example, if Jane refers Sally, Ann, and Mary, can it show on Jane's profile who she has referred and on Sally, Ann and Mary's that they were referred by Jane?   This would make my life SO much easier!  🙂

Message 25 of 28

Is there a way to add customer pictures to their profiles? Thank you 

Message 26 of 28
Alumni

Hi @holisticvet1988 - I think this announcement from @XtinaDam is what you're asking about, so I moved your post here. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 27 of 28

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Sending and saving signed consent forms to a clients profile" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way for me to send an electronic consent form to a new client, have them sign it and then it store to their customer profile? Also having an option to put before and after photos into their profile would also be ideal!

Message 28 of 28