x

On my online store, how can I change the name "Donations" to "payments"?

I am a web designer and need my clients to be able to pay me deposits and balances due. This could be any amount. I called customer service and they suggested I use "donations" where clients can enter their own amounts in.  This works great except the button says "make a donation" and there is one other mention of donation when you add to cart. 

How can I change this to say "make a payment" 

Also, the button is Blue, which does not match my site. How can I change the color? CSS access? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @gediweb, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, the ability to change the text for Online Store sections (e.g. button text or checkout screen) isn't available. In addition, our template options are designed to be minimal and do not accommodate custom colors.

For now my, best suggestion is to have a look at our partner apps for e-commerce as they over a wide range of customization options. To learn more, have a look at Sean's post: Launching an online store? You’ve got options with Square!

In addition, you might find Square Invoices to be another solution for collecting payments when balances are due.

I'll surface this post to our Product Liaison team, as they're tracking customization requests. Apologies for any frustration — hope this helps clear things up a bit more! Please don't hesitate to let us know if have any other questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2