x

Online Store: Why does my site show as 'not secure'?

I recently switched over to the new online store powered by Weebly. It was working fine, until I upgraded and added a custom domain (my website is hosted by Wix). The link works, but it is NOT SECURE and it has caused all of my products to state, "not accepting payments at this time." I tried switching back to the domain that Square automatically assigned to our Weebly store, but I cannot find an option that lets me do that. It says SSL is automatic, to give it some time and it will override, but it's been about 10 hours since I switched domains, and it is  still not working

Message 1 of 181
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tolgardgames-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Really sorry to hear about this issue you've been experiencing.

Any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. You will also need to make sure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled.

If you're using the Square Online Store, you can unpublish (from Website> General Settings) and then publish again from within the editor.

Let me know which of these suggestions/steps you've tried already. I look forward to hearing from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 181
180 REPLIES 180

Help.  Why am I getting message  "not available $NaN" for online store items after publishing my online store? 

Message 2 of 181
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AlleyCat1 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this issue as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @isabelle , which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 181

If your online store is showing as "not secure," it can be a cause for concern and may impact the trust and confidence of your website visitors. The "not secure" warning typically appears when your website lacks an SSL certificate, which is responsible for encrypting the data transmitted between your website and your visitors' browsers.

MSP Columbus, a leading provider of web solutions, can help address this issue and ensure your online store is secure. By obtaining an SSL certificate from MSP Columbus, you can establish a secure connection and encrypt sensitive information such as customer data, login credentials, and payment details. This not only safeguards your customers' information but also enhances the credibility and professionalism of your online store.

MSP Columbus offers a range of SSL certificates that cater to different needs and budgets. Their expert team can guide you in selecting the right certificate based on your specific requirements. Additionally, they will assist you in the installation and configuration process to ensure a seamless transition to a secure website.

By partnering with MSP Columbus, you can eliminate the "not secure" warning on your online store and provide a safe browsing experience for your customers. Their commitment to delivering reliable web solutions and exceptional customer service makes them a trusted choice for securing your website.

Don't let your online store's security be a barrier to your success. Contact MSP Columbus today to learn more about their SSL certificate solutions and take the necessary steps to make your online store secure and trustworthy. With MSP Columbus by your side, you can focus on running your business while they handle the technical aspects of securing your website.

Message 4 of 181

Hi Weebly,

I have the same issue "not secure site". I did not have this issue until recently; some change on weebly side I think. How do I fix this? I have I think a GoDaddy domain. Thanks,

Shawn Carter

www.shawnshawn.co

Message 5 of 181

I am having this same issue and it's so frustrating. My domain is from GoDaddy www.momsmagicalcrown.com and I paid extra for a protected domain. As soon as I merged to Weebly to hot my webpage, every time I share my webpage with others, it says it's not secure. I am about to launch a children's book that I wrote and my website is an integral part of my launch. Help!!!!

Message 6 of 181

Hi there @laurenrae17

Any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. You will also need to make sure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled on GoDaddy's end. 

If none of these steps work, I suggest reaching out to our Support Team to help further troubleshoot. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams at any time here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

Hope this helps! 

Message 7 of 181

Hi there, @superchunk - thanks for reaching out and letting us know about the issue with your Online Store. This sounds strange, indeed. 

Would you mind flagging this over to our Support Team? They can take a deep dive with you into your account more thoroughly than we can here on the Community and see where the discrepancy lays.

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Message 8 of 181

Thanks! Just submitted it.

Message 9 of 181

Thanks, @superchunk! We will be in touch soon.

Joe
Message 10 of 181
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue. I transferred my domain over from google to let Weebly manage it and all I can get is not secure when visiting the website. On the publish site, there is a notification about "Update your DNS settings to use your custom domain for this site. Update DNS Settings"

I thought if you all were managing the domain, all this would be set for me. I went ahead and placed the requested ip in the domain DNS settings to just to see if that would work. It did not.

Please advise

Website is 

tolgardgames.com

Message 11 of 181
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tolgardgames-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Really sorry to hear about this issue you've been experiencing.

Any change to the DNS settings can take 24-48 hours to update on the backend. You will also need to make sure the domain is properly pointed to our IP address, that there are no AAAA records, and that the SSL is enabled.

If you're using the Square Online Store, you can unpublish (from Website> General Settings) and then publish again from within the editor.

Let me know which of these suggestions/steps you've tried already. I look forward to hearing from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 181

I am having the same issue

Message 13 of 181

i am having the same issue...   i tried to unpublish/re-publish  that did not fix the issue.

Message 14 of 181

Hello @southshorescent,

I am sorry you are having issues with your website! If you have tried to unpublish and republish and still are having issues please reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 / squ.re/contactsqsupport. They will need to look into your account settings to see what is causing this. For account security, we cannot take those actions here. 

Thank you for working with us to get this resolved! 

Message 15 of 181

I recently created an online store with Square. I went through the whole setup and linked it to my domain which is already registered through Squarespace. I added the settings that weebly gave at the end of the setup to my domain on Squarespace and published the site. Everything works like its supposed to except that no matter how the domain is accessed it shows in the browser as being non secure or unsafe. I checked on Squarespace for the domain and the SSL certificate is active. this is really driving me nuts because it seems like everything is set correctly.

please help.

Message 16 of 181

why the people cant open the website (said is unsafe)  even in instagram or google, i did register on google i did pay here for a year domain name

Message 17 of 181

Heya @ruizjoel and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that addresses this issue.

Check out the Best Answer for more details.

Ashley C
Message 18 of 181
Beta Member

Looks like maybe it just took some time to resolve the transition over.

It appears to be working now

Message 19 of 181
Admin

I took a look at your domain, and in your case, it did look like it was experiencing the 24-48 hour adjustment delay @tolgardgames

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 20 of 181

@gingergems I'm so happy that your site is now working!

@Dani111 If you are still experiencing trouble after publishing and unpublishing, then please contact our Weebly Support team so they can take a closer look at your account details. There may be a bug associated with your specific problem. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 21 of 181