x
Beta Member

Online coupons valid for Pick-Up Orders ONLY

Hi All!

With the increasing importance of online ordering, especially for restaurants, I would like to create a coupon for customers who order online, but ONLY valid when they pick up.

I have set up my delivery pricing to meet both my needs and the 3rd party delivery services requirements. But for walk-in or pick-up customers, I can afford to give them a nice discount.

How can I do this avoiding coupon abuse

TIA

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

How generous of you @kekoapoke! That's a great customer perk.

Just so I'm understanding, are you wanting the coupon to apply when the customer is actually checking out through the Online Store? Or are you wanting to give them a coupon when they pick up that can be used for the next time they place an order?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @nika I would like to create a coupon that can only be redeemed when checking out through the online store AND the order is for a Pick Up (Not Delivery)

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kekoapoke! I'm stepping in for Nika since I came across this post. Having a coupon that can only be used for the online store is available, you will need to set it up on your Online Store Dashboard, but we are not able to set it up for only pickup orders, unfortunately. 

I will share this feature request with our team! Thanks!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for asking this question. I want to do the exact same thing. I’m disappointed the option to tie a coupon to delivery choice isn’t available, yet. I hope they get it created soon!

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

@kekoapoke @PCM @AshleyK @nika 

Hello,

I'm a Square Online website designer that works with clients that would benefit from this feature.

I've scoured potential methods in Loyalty program, Square Online coupons, Square POS Marketing, and have found nothing to reward or incentivize customers that place in-store pickup orders.

Have any sellers or administrators uncovered an option or workaround to reward in-store pickup customers?

Many thanks for helpful advice or guidance!

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 6 of 6