x
Beta Member

Online items - location reported to

I thought I had recently seen an option for Location Reporting To for online sales. 

I can't remember if it was per item or for the online store as a whole.

Can anyone help me on this?

I guess I really want to know if I can set up one online store, but have items reported to different locations so they can be fulfilled appropriately by the right location.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Just to make sure we're on the same page here - does this sound like what you're looking to do?

If so, this would be a feature request. At this time, you'd need to create multiple websites for each of your individual locations.

Please let me know if this isn't what you were looking for, @crystalimages!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Not what I'm referring to....

I believe it was specific to the online store as a whole, where sales from online, checkout links, etc, are reported to.

We have 3 locations. Some things we sell online should report to the location they are specific to. 

Items from Location A, when sold through the online channels, should report to Location A.

Currently, they are reporting to Online as a Location and I have to add them to my reports for Location A.

It's not about inventory, but about which location is credited for the transaction.

I know I have seen somewhere in some settings "Location Reporting To", but I can't find it now.

I ignored it during our busy season and now that I have time to look into it, I can't seem to locate it.

I posted to another thread, it also seems that all the checkout links I had previously set up are no longer working.

Not just one or two, but all of them. Customers are emailing that they could see it last week, but not this week. 

Not sure if this is related.....

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

It sounds like you are trying to use checkout links with multiple locations - is that right?

It’s not currently possible to have checkout links linked to multiple locations within a single Square account. An alternative is to create 4 simple sites - which can be linked to different bank accounts and different locations with separate bank accounts and reporting (if needed). Please let me know if this isn't what you were looking for, but I believe this is what you most likely saw.

In regards to the issues you experienced with your checkout links, we recommend getting in touch with our team directly about this so that we can take a closer look at your links alongside you to get to the bottom of what happened there, @crystalimages.

Valentina
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Is there not a way to set the online store to report to a specific location?

I am pretty sure I saw a "report to" option for the online store at some point.

Maybe this has changed. I just can't find the setting.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Yes @crystalimages!

When you follow the steps linked previously to add a site, you'll have to select a reporting location:

Does this help? Let me know if this doesn't quite hit the nail on the head!

Valentina
Message 6 of 6