x

Online single item links?

We have been using square since it was introduced and I am familiar with item management but want to find out what is possible with online sales.  My wife is a sculptural handbuilding potter and is now only making single unique pieces, each with their own price and a stock of "1"

i.e. when sold, the item is no longer available.

Specifically, am I able to create an online payment link for a single item?  (at this point, I do not want to move the pages that we have off of our domain and onto square's domain.)

Ideally, I would like to create separate links for multiple unique items.  When someone completes a purchase one of these items, the payment link for that item would no longer accept a sale.

I've just spent over an hour in the items section, created a new item, but I have been unable to figure out how to set the stock to "1"

Thanks in advance,

Beverly Howard

(don't let the name fool you 😉

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Thanks for writing in @RebeccaR 

Yes, you can create a checkout link for a single item. From the edit item page in Dashboard > turn on stock tracking and enter 1 for the stock amount. 

Once the item is sold, anyone that accesses the link will see an out of stock message. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the response.

The single fact that square makes it not obvious how to enter stock amounts using the dashboard, both after the fact and when entering new items was the major factor in making it difficult to impossible for someone to figure out how to do so on the pages themselves.  Obviously, once you learn how, it's simple, but I assume that there are a lot of people out in the cold on this and other how 2's

Thanks for the response,

Beverly Howard

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@RebeccaR - you're welcome, glad I could help. 

Justin
Message 4 of 6

Although I can change a stock level, it's still not easy and I wonder if I am missing something obvious.

I went in today to change the stock level on a single item from 1 to 0, and, in addition to there being no "reasons" that relate to my reason to change the stock level, once there, it was not possible to change the stock level.

I had to exit the item edit, then go back in and take the multiple steps again.  The second time, the interface finally allowed me to change the stock level.

What am I missing?

Beverly Howard

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

It sounds like you were able to change the stock level after refreshing that screen, @RebeccaR - glad to hear that!

Things like this can happen for a variety of reasons. I'd recommend checking which web browser you're using. If you're currently using Internet Explorer, that browser is not supported by your Square Dashboard. We recommend trying Chrome (or Firefox/Safari), as these pages tend to work best on Chrome.

It's also a good idea to regularly clear the cache on your browser to keep everything running smoothly. The Help menu on your browser should guide you on how to do this with the browser you're using! This page includes a few other troubleshooting steps you can run through if things are acting a bit funky.

I hope these tips help 🙌

Valentina
Message 6 of 6