x
Beta Member

Only charge sales tax on certain items in online store

I am using an online store for pick up only. No shipping. We are selling food and beverage. We include sales tax in the price we charge for beverages (we are a pub, so this helps when doing cash transactions, no odd amounts to deal with). We charge  sales tax on food. The online store applies sales tax to all items, food and beverage, regardless of individual item settings. Is there a way to change that?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey there @Amanda_Bierock

This Weebly article tells you where to go within the Weebly dashboard to change the tax for your items. This should get you on the right track but please let us know if something else comes up in the mean time.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey there @Amanda_Bierock

This Weebly article tells you where to go within the Weebly dashboard to change the tax for your items. This should get you on the right track but please let us know if something else comes up in the mean time.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 4

I have all of my product items set up to add my 8.25% sales tax. Great, right? The customer can elect to receive a B3G1 Free deal. I add the discount and everything is hunky dory... the sales tax is correct! THEN, I add shipping, which I have set up as an item that is not taxed and BOOM, the sales tax changes. It’s usually only a few pennies more, but then I have to go back and take out the sales tax all together and manually add it as an item. This means, of course that I can’t really track my sales taxes through SquareUp and it messes up the look of the invoice.

Is there any way to fix this? This is such a pain!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @Melissa_C. Sorry that you're having to take that extra step. 

Have you checked the Weebly article posted on my answer above to make sure that your tax settings within Weebly are also adjusted?

Let me know if your settings appear to be correct on the Weebly side of things and you're still running into this issue.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 4