x

Open a virtual cash drawer on android phone

When I go to a show, I dont always bring my Tablet,. I only have my Android Phone. I would like to start a cash drawer before the show and close it after. I have been previously informed that starting a cash drawer is only available on a tablet, not a phone. In fact, the app i have on my phone doesn't even offer cash management. Is this something you're working on or is there a workaround?  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @DbArt

Currently Cash Drawer Management is only available on the tablet version of the app. Right now adding Cash Drawer Management for mobile devices is not on our roadmap. 

Message 2 of 5

@Chad Can you explain a little bit of the logic behind this? It appears to me an arbitrary designation — not allowing mobile devices to use cash drawer management. 

I run a tour business, where a tablet would be too cumbersome to give to our guides. We would like to manage each team member's 'drawer' (in actuality, money wallet) so that we can easily reconcile accounts during weekly debrief meetings. I'd love to know the challenges in instituting this feature on mobile. Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@Walks101

I've actually reached out to a few of our Product Mangers to get some specific feedback on this.

Definitely hear where this would be a great feature for you, but other than creating a different location for each person and having them open a drawer on that, but it still would be Tablet specific. 

Hopefully we'll find out some specifics shortly that can help you understand the current set up.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 5

It says "cash management not supported on this device"  I have an Android tablet. Why won't it work?

Message 5 of 5