x
Beta Member

Order Status Update Emails

I would like to send customers a status update about their orders at various stages.  I run a photo film lab.  Customers place an order online for processing and scanning, send in their film, I process it and send scans to download, then mail back their film.

Is there any way for them to easily receive an email notifying them that their film has arrived?  Just a status change email would do it.  I.e. "Your order status has changed to "film arrived"...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Are you asking if it's possible to manually send additional email messages to your customers during the fulfillment process - or something else, @Speedgraphic? I want to make sure we're on the same page here before I dig in!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I am looking for a way to semi-automatically send an email to notify customers of the stages of their order.  In our case a customer orders film processing online, then mails in their film.  I would like to update the status of their order in the Square system and have an automated form email go out and say "your film has arrived".  I'm sure there are lots of other types of usages for this.  Anything that is made to order for instance, you might want to notify customers of the stages of their order.  It goes without saying that manually typing out an email to do this is both impractical and slightly unprofessional.

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Ah, got it! That would be a feature request at this time, @Speedgraphic.

At this time, these are the emails that your customers can receive.

Let me know if other questions come up about this!

Valentina
Message 4 of 7

I agree. Square says it is an enhancement request. How to we push this? It seems like most businesses would have a need for this. 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your valuable input on this feature request @Janice3.

At this time Order Stages or Order Status updates is still a feature request our team is working on. I will make sure to pass this along to them for their visibility.

JJ
Message 6 of 7

I would like the ability to generate an email based on the status of the order as well as to add a comment. 

Message 7 of 7