x
Beta Member

Order Taking in Restaurants

We are a small togo only operation that is about to open 31 seats for dine in.

We plan to have customers walk up and order.  They will pick their seat, and we will bring their order to them.  I would like to use the order number tiles that they take to their table with them.  Is there a way to take orders and add that number to the ticket? I want people to be able to see that ticket number in KDS, so the servers can get the food to the correct tables.

Also,  We have been using KDS from them directly, but we are considering upgrading to Plus which includes KDS.  How do you input the phone number in the order, so that the customer gets a text when it is ready?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

HI, I am not familiar with food ordering but it sounds like you could use the QR code ordering.  You can read more on the Square Support page here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7142-set-up-self-serve-ordering-and-qr-codes-with-square-onl...

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thank you for your response.  We do plan to use QR for our tables if people want to skip the line.  We just also have people that will call in.  We want a way to manage the call ins without having to write them on paper because we use KDS.

Thanks again for your response. (:

Message 3 of 3