x

Ordering for pick-up without having store hours

Our farmstand has self-serve pick-ups for online orders. (You order, we put it in the cooler on the day/time we do orders, you pick it up whenever is convenient that day). 

We have 2 pick up days a week, where our "store hours" are set up from 12p-4p. I don't want to accept new orders during this time, I want to only accept orders when we're closed, and fulfill during this time. 

I currently set the "order prep" time to 1 business day, which means they can't order for the actual next day that we prepare orders. 

I realize square maybe isn't set up to do business this way, but any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @Freshmeadowfarm !

I know exactly the struggle you're talking about here with my bakery, and I haven't found an easy solution either. I wish there was a "next business day" option on the online store that would fill in the gap here.

The only way I am seeing that may be helpful would be to create a modifier set on your items with pickup days. Making it a mandatory modifier would force people to choose their day. This still means you may run into problems with people ordering same day though.

Hopefully we can lean on the dev teams to consider a Next Business Day option on the online store!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @Freshmeadowfarm !

I know exactly the struggle you're talking about here with my bakery, and I haven't found an easy solution either. I wish there was a "next business day" option on the online store that would fill in the gap here.

The only way I am seeing that may be helpful would be to create a modifier set on your items with pickup days. Making it a mandatory modifier would force people to choose their day. This still means you may run into problems with people ordering same day though.

Hopefully we can lean on the dev teams to consider a Next Business Day option on the online store!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2