x
Beta Member

POS Phone order - set "pick up time"

Greetings!
If someone calls in the morning and wants a ticket ready later (say for lunch) how do we set the "pickup time" on the check?  Is this an option???

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

second request

Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Here is how to Schedule an order with an established pickup time: 

To process a pickup order:

1. Open the Square Point of Sale app.
  2. Add items to the current sale.
  3. Tap Schedule for pickup on the right side.
  4. Add the customer to the sale.
  5. Select an order type (In-store or Curbside pickup).
  6. Tap Next.
  7. Select a Pickup time.
  8. Tap Done.
  9. Continue the checkout flow.

You can find out more about Pickup orders here.

I hope this information is helpful @rendelven and Welcome to the Seller Community!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

@JJ_  - Thanks for this information, but I should have been more clear.

We are using the Square Register (Square for Restaurants), not the POS app.  Is this still an option?  This seem like a common scenario that the Restaurant App should be able to account for.  ie:  Customer calls restaurant, front of house staff take call at POS and need to mark the time for "later" so the kitchen knows...

Thoughts?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

I agree. I assumed Square for Restaurants. Some of these features seem to be available for ONLINE orders but these settings are not made available to IN-STORE orders.

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

We use an old ipad to do over the phone orders in case we have someone that comes in store. I know it could be a hassle but maybe it would be worth it to have a lot of phone orders managed in the same place as online orders?

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

@sugarlab - truly appreciate this feedback and idea!!!  🙂 

Its definitely an option, but if you think about...we're in the Square "ecosystem" already - why should we have to use two Square devices, side by side, that do 95% of the same thing?  Essentially a second device (iPad) JUST to take phone orders b/c we can't sent the pickup time in the Square Restaurant App???  I would argue that steps 3, 4, and 5 (mentioned above) should be built into the Restaurant App.  Not to mention that the Restaurant App is part of a PAID service...and yet it has less features/functionality than the FREE POS app?

@JJ_  - help us out here.  Just to be clear...the steps you mentioned are for the POS app and NOT the Restaurant App, correct?
As far as I can tell, there is no way to set a "pick-up time" in the Restaurant App, but if we were to take the same order over the phone using an old iPad, we could set the pickup time?  If this is true, can we agree that there is a gap in functionality between these two apps?

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

I am intrigued by this as well! 
Currently whenever we have a phone order is essentially for ASAP, but on the Vance we do have a customer who wants their drinks 30 ‘minutes from now or an hour later we just end up saving the ticket as a phone order, printing the ticket, circling the ticket ring in time and then write what time it needs to be done by. 

luckily this doesn’t happen often so it’s never been too big of a hassle. But I do agree that you would think there is an easier way to set a pick up time through the register! Will definitely be following up to see if someone else has a better solution! 🙂

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 8 of 8