x

Pairing Card Readers Require Pin Problem?

Greetings,

My Cub Scout pack is using has been using Square for a while.  In the past, I have been creating individual accounts for parents to log in with so they can accept card sales.  This past weekend, I tried to use the "Device code" method to give them access without the hassles of user accounts.  It worked well until they needed to pair the bluetooth card readers to their phones, then it started to ask for a pin number to do so.  The week before, I added one parent via the device code and they were able to pair without a problem.  So what is the deal here and how to do I fix this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MVC825Popcorn,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

If the pin popped up as they were pairing their reader via Bluetooth, this might actually be a setting of the device, rather than the reader. Do you know if they paired the Square Reader via the Point of Sale app, or the device's Bluetooth settings? For context, when you pair some devices via Bluetooth directly a pairing pin pops up that would be entered on both devices (e.g pairing two phones via Bluetooth to send files). However, this shouldn't happen when pairing a reader via the POS app settings, or they would be able to just tap "ok".

Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 2