x

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients?

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients? 

Do you process payments for International or Overseas clients the same way as NA clients?

What do we need to know about processing International clients (my clients are based in Hong Kong, Phillipines, Germany, Israel, and other foreign countries.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 110
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to enter international addresses for credit card payment?

Square automatically will show a number pad on the manual transactions. But the bottom left button says ABC and will take you to the usual alphanumeric keyboard. You can enter her postal code on that screen. 

535A5FF0-48CE-487C-931F-EF56AE85DA36.png

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To piggyback off the previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder. However, if the ZIP or postal code you need to enter is alphanumeric (as some are outside the US), you can toggle between the number keypad and the keyboard.

On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.

You can check out more information on accepting international cards in our Support Center. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 110
109 REPLIES 109
Square Community Moderator

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Florida locksmith wants to know if a Canada credit card will go through by phone with out a zip code”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi @MichaelA

Square requires all of the card information to be entered in order for the payment to go through. 

You're not able to manually enter a payment for any card (Canada included) without the postal or zip code. 

Message 85 of 110

thanks.

Michael

Message 86 of 110

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Payments from other countries"

How can you take payments from other countries?

I am entering someone from a country other than Canada and it is asking for a postal code.

This person does not have a postal code.

HELP!

Message 87 of 110

When I've had that, I've entered 5 zeros and that works for me.

Message 88 of 110

I’m trying to charge Credit Card from Hong Kong and I was trying to call someone to help me out in Hong Kong they I have no way of contacting anyone to find out what ZIP Code I have to use when I’m trying to close the charges it’s asking me for a ZIP Code in Hong Kong doesn’t have a ZIP Code

Message 89 of 110
Alumni

Hi @MLS4MIKE - To piggyback off @Sean's previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder.

Message 90 of 110

I have a customer in Denmark and the postal codes keeps declining.....card is international What to do?

Message 91 of 110
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can I accept international credit cards? Zip code keeps declining

So sorry for the frustration!  I merged your post here @spinemobility  so you can see Sean's Best Answer with the steps to enter an international ZIP.

If you've already tried entering the alphanumeric code, or 5 zeros instead, and the card is still declined please ask your customer to contact their card-issuing bank. Square isn't informed the exact reason a card is declined but their bank will be able to provide more information.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 92 of 110

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How can i charge a credit card from Barbados?" The author has been notified via email.

One of my customers is from Barbados, West Indies. There is no zipcode. How can I make the transaction?

Message 93 of 110

I need to key in a credit card from a foreign customer with no us zip code

Message 94 of 110

Hello @Laclassride! I merged your thread since this question has been asked before. I recommend taking a look at Sean's answer on the first page. 

Message 95 of 110

Hello,

I am new to square and I have a Canadian customer who would like to use her credit card to pay for services. I read on the discussion board elsewhere that this is possible. I am a US based account doing business in the US. The issue I am having is this.

When it comes time to process her payment it was requiring us to put her zip code. Only she says her zip code has letters and the zip code box does not allow for us to enter letters only numbers. Is there something I am missing or can I process payment while leaving that box empty.

Thanks

Message 96 of 110
Super Seller

Square automatically will show a number pad on the manual transactions. But the bottom left button says ABC and will take you to the usual alphanumeric keyboard. You can enter her postal code on that screen. 

535A5FF0-48CE-487C-931F-EF56AE85DA36.png

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 97 of 110

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can a US Square manually add a Mexico Credit Card" The author has been notified via email.

I have a customer in Mexico who wants to make a purchase.  Can I manually enter a Mexico credit card?  What do I do about Zip code info?

Message 98 of 110

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I accept international credit cards with no zip codes?

How do I accept international credit cards with no zip codes?

Message 99 of 110
Super Seller Alumni

Just enter 00000.  Here is a thread with more information.

Message 100 of 110

Hello, 

I am setting up for my online business and am wondering if I could accept payments from overseas ?

Most of my clients are living in Japan, and holding only Japanese credit cards.

Also, the transaction fee is 2.9%+$0.30, am I correct ?

Thank you.

Message 101 of 110
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Rakko! Congrats on your first post.

I merged your post with an existing post on how to accept international cards.

Also- you can see a breakdown of our fees here from the Support Centre.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 102 of 110

My customers are from all over the world, some of them have credit card with security code of 6 and 4 digits unlike our cards in USA with 3 digits (CVV). How can i process CC with 6 and 4 digits security code

Message 103 of 110
Alumni

Hey @AlindasTrading

Here's the thread you're looking for. I hope this helps! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 104 of 110

I have a customer who lives in the Netherlands.   Will I be able to accept credit card payments from him or will I continue to have to use one of your competitors?

Message 105 of 110