x

Payroll: Can my employees log their hours through another app for me to approve?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Timecards with No Point of Sale Terminal

Can my employees log their hours through an app on their cell phone and then I approve the hours each week for payroll? If so, how do I get that setup?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@rohair2 YES! With Square Payroll your employees can use an app called Square Team to clock in and out.

So that your employees can use the app you will need to give them access to an online account. This is a setting that you as the employer can enable from your Payroll Dashboard.

This article has information about navigating the Square Team app from an employees point of view, and this article has steps to add an employee to Square Payroll and the steps involved in giving an employee an online account. 

I hope this helps you to get started! If you have any questions reply here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

@rohair2 YES! With Square Payroll your employees can use an app called Square Team to clock in and out.

So that your employees can use the app you will need to give them access to an online account. This is a setting that you as the employer can enable from your Payroll Dashboard.

This article has information about navigating the Square Team app from an employees point of view, and this article has steps to add an employee to Square Payroll and the steps involved in giving an employee an online account. 

I hope this helps you to get started! If you have any questions reply here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@Helen is there a way to log hours for the week without clocking in/out? I want my contractors to just give me weekly totals that I can then pay them out at end of month. =

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @andiC,

Happy you stopped by The Seller Community!

With the Square Team app your employees can clock in on their own. With the Square Team app, team members can sign up for Square Payroll, view their timecards, pay stubs, update personal settings or bank account, and clock in/out while away from a computer. 

For information on navigating the Square Team app, visit our Support Center. Of course always feel free to reach back out to me as well! 

Message 4 of 4