x

Payroll: what if my tax filings are only due quarterly or annually?

I am a small business owner considering switching to Square Payroll.

I have a small payroll thus most filings are due either quarterly or annually not with each pay period or monthly.  Can this timing be set on my account or, if not, is it okay to file more frequently than the IRS or the state have told me to file?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your patience, @GlassShopMgr. I was able to touch base with our Payroll Team and I can confirm that we'll take care of all filings for your account according to the proper scheduling requirements.

For more information on what we file, have a look at this article: Square Payroll State Tax Resources.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thanks for your post, @GlassShopMgr, and welcome to the seller community! I'm going to run your message by our Payroll Team for more details. We'll circle back with an update—hopefully early next week—as soon as we have more information. Appreciate your patience.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your patience, @GlassShopMgr. I was able to touch base with our Payroll Team and I can confirm that we'll take care of all filings for your account according to the proper scheduling requirements.

For more information on what we file, have a look at this article: Square Payroll State Tax Resources.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 3 of 5

This is a quarterly form to report to the Division of Employment Security. It seems Square reports most tax related reports automatically but I don't see this as one, unless I'm missing it.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey @MidCoastModern - I think this is the thread you're looking for. Check out the best answer up top! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5