x

Plans to allow for the sale of wine through Square?

I own a small winery and would like to switch from Paypal to Square for payments, but I've read on the web that square prohibits the sale of "hard alcohol and liquor."  Does this also prohibit the sale of wine?  If so, is there any plan in allowing wineries to sell through Square in the future?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@goldcaddy77 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏

As for your question, Alcohol sales are allowed within the U.S.. Having said that, it is a seller's responsibility to comply with all State and Federal regulations regarding the sale of alcoholic products. Hope this helps! 🍷

Note: Alcohol sales aren't currently allowed in Canada through Square.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

@goldcaddy77 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏

As for your question, Alcohol sales are allowed within the U.S.. Having said that, it is a seller's responsibility to comply with all State and Federal regulations regarding the sale of alcoholic products. Hope this helps! 🍷

Note: Alcohol sales aren't currently allowed in Canada through Square.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 6

@Sean

Is there a plan to allow wine sales online? I use square for the tasting room but would like to sell online and run my wine club via square as well. Any updates are appreciated. 

Message 3 of 6
Square

@anthonyf - It looks like our policy has changed on this topic. Thanks so much for pointing this out. We do allow them online now! I've updated my response above. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 6

@Sean any plans for wine club features?? 

Message 5 of 6
Square

@anthonyf - I'd suggest elaborating on some of those features that would be useful or that are missing in this thread, as it's little more on this topic. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 6