x

How to show current inventory when exporting vendor sales report

How can I had the current inventory count of items that show up on the vendor sales report. It would make my ordering so much easier and faster. 

If I sell 12 of XYZ for the week, the report shows that I sold 12, but does not show how many more i have in stock. I have to look up each item (which there are 1000s of SKUs I sell). If the report also had current inventory on hand it would save a lot of time. 

If I sold 12 and have 15 in stock, Im good another week. If I sold 12 and it shows 8 on hand, I know I have to order a few more to get by the next week. 

I came from shopkeep and they have both sold for the period of time I chose and the current stock. Ding my orders was 10-15 mins per vendor, now its 45 mins. per vendor. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks!

I'm transitioning over from Shopkeep and this may be a deal breaker. 

This would be a HUGE help when trying to reorder from a vendor. With 1000s of SKUs I carry it would be easier to check this report and see we sold 24 units of an item last week and see in the same report we have 9 in current inventory. 

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hi there @Miqal - and welcome back to the Seller Community 

The Vendor Sales report allows you to view which items are sold in a given time frame, sorted by vendor. By selecting a date range and filtering by vendor, you will have an accurate look at your top-performing vendors, the most popular items within each vendor, and additional insights into your profit margin for each item sold.

It sounds like you may be looking for something like a Sales vs Inventory Report - in order to look at sales by a particular vendor and know what inventory you have on hand. If so, we have heard this feature request before, and I've also gone ahead and bubbled your feedback up to the Square for Retail team directly! 🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @MikeSL

A report like that isn't available in the standard Point of Sale Dashboard. I would recommend looking into getting a Square for Retail subscription.

There are different tiers and they give you access to more inventory based reporting/tools. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.  

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

I do have square for retail and I can not find a report that does this. Where can I find it?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@MikeSL

If you go to the Reporting tab on your Dashboard, you will have to scroll down to see "Inventory Reports". It will look something like the screenshot below: 

Please let me know if you don't see this option on your Dashboard. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6