Please explain "Refunds by Amount" on the Sales Summary Report

I can't find an explanation of what "Refunds by Amount" means

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Square

Re: Please explain "Refunds by Amount" on the Sales Summary Report

Hey @Sherwood

The "Refunds by Amount" would indicate the partial refunds that you issue that don't include a selected item for the refund itself. 

For example, if you sell Item A ($10) and Item B($10) together, and issue a refund by selecting Item B as the item being refunded, that would be an item level or itemized refund for $10. 

On the flip side, if you sell Item A ($10) and Item B ($10) together, and issue a partial refund by manually entering $10 for the amount refunded rather than selecting an item, this refund amount would appear in your "Refund by amount" section. 

Does that make sense? It can be a bit confusing, so let me know if you have more questions. 

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Difference between returns and refunds by amount

In the reports section, there are two rows, one for returns and one for refunds by amount. sometimes the return value goes to returns and sometimes it goes to refund by amount. what is happening?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Difference between returns and refunds by amount

@ecarr Looks like I found your answer on this thread I moved you to 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

@JustinC can you please also point me to the solution for this? I'm having the same problem.  We are cancelling orders  on the weebly online site  but the # of items sold in Sales reports still includes those that were cancelled, as if they were sold, implying just a refund of $$ without an item attached.  When a full order is cancelled, one would assume the items would be put back into inventory and not show on a sales report. 

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there @CoastBeer

Canceled orders will reflect as a custom amount refund, and will not update your inventory levels . From an Item Sales Reporting standpoint, the quantity sold will auto adjust to account for the returned items included in the order. 

If your reports appear otherwise, reach out to our CS Team so they can surface any discrepancies to our Engineering Team and fix your report. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6