x
Beta Member

Printer is making an order stub for each item in a ticket

For some reason, my square register just started printing a numbered stub for each item ordered in a ticket. Basically is someone ordered 3 items and they were number 70 - it would first print off 3 number 70 tickets before the itemized receipt. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Bagelshopnash under hardware and printer settings it looks like you have it turned on to print "order ticket stubs" for that printer and probably also set to "print one item per ticket".  You can toggle that on and off, but it should be under there somewhere.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Bagelshopnash under hardware and printer settings it looks like you have it turned on to print "order ticket stubs" for that printer and probably also set to "print one item per ticket".  You can toggle that on and off, but it should be under there somewhere.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks for the comment. My only issue is that I want a stub to print but just one. It’s always just printed one but something changed today with no one changing the settings. 

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

@Bagelshopnash There is a toggle to tell it to print the one item per ticket.  So just check that and if it isn't that I would contact support.

Screenshot_20210702-074232_Square Point of Sale Beta.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

We've had this same problem at both of our locations for a couple of days now, with no change in the printer settings from before, when it was printing just one stub per order.  

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

@dutchmonkey If you verify the setting I posted above and the square register is still printing one item per ticket, I would recommend doing a reboot on the register, on off the printer, and if it continues then it could be a bug and we could look at doing a bug report on the issue.  The last ditch thing to do is delete the printer and re-add it.  Sometimes doing that will solve problems with printing and formatting.  Sometimes these things aren't settings, but can crop up after an update.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 9

Has this been identified as a bug?  The same has been happening at our shop.  While its not impeding our business it is wasting a lot of paper.

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I called support yesterday, and they confirmed that it’s a worldwide glitch that they’re working on. 

Message 8 of 9

It is indeed a glitch. It is really disappointing how long it took Square to identify it - don't they have a test environment they can use to verify things when a customer calls in and reports an issue? I am now on them to get a date for resolution, and as expected, they can't give one other than the standard "we are working on it". We had to turn ticket stubs off completely because we were wasting so much paper. 

Message 9 of 9