x

Processing an Egift Card I Didn't Sell?

Hello!  I have a client who is trying to use an electronic gift card that wasn't purchased through my business. Everything I'm reading has to do with processing a card that was previously purchased from your business, but what if it's a third party?  Is there any way to accept this? And if so, how do I ring up the purchase to ensure I receive the payment?  They have a 16 digit code. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @drb1 

Square Gift Cards are business specific, and they can only be used at the business that sold & loaded them.

So there is no way to process a Square Gift Card that wasn't sold by or connected to your business.

You only get funds from Gift Cards when they are sold, not redeemed, so there wouldn't even be a way for you to get paid through that card.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @drb1 

Square Gift Cards are business specific, and they can only be used at the business that sold & loaded them.

So there is no way to process a Square Gift Card that wasn't sold by or connected to your business.

You only get funds from Gift Cards when they are sold, not redeemed, so there wouldn't even be a way for you to get paid through that card.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks so much for confirming!  

Message 3 of 3