x
Beta Member

QR Code Tipping or Post appointment/ purchase tipping

We operate a business where we provide many services free of charge in hopes the customer will make a retail purchase later. Sometimes they don't purchase, but still want to tip for the time or effort we did spend with them. 

Is there a way to create a QR code to allow a customer to tip us using Square processing? 

I'm thinking it could be printed on the employees business cards, on visual displays, or even on the printed receipt of sales that are closed. Also a follow-up text post appointment offering  a tip option (like Starbucks). I would love if it was per team member, but even a collective QR would work for our purposes. 

It seems as though this exists for the purposes of "donation", so possibly an easy add. 

Also Square owns "Cashapp", so perhaps even a cashapp for business integration and tracking? 

Paper currency tipping is a thing of the past. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@skiibum Thanks for taking the time to ask about these two points! We don't have anything like this built out as far as shared tipping via QR code. Do you mind me asking what type of business it is that you run and what this would look like for your employees?

And thank you for sharing your needs in regards to post-appointment tipping. I've seen this feature mentioned before by other sellers so I'll keep sending this feedback up the line. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@nika 

We operate a retail tile showroom. So in an effort to get a sale we offer design advise (sometimes quite in depth) and assistance in material calculations. It is core to closing the sales we do get, so we can't outright charge for the service, but sometimes a sales doesn't close, but the person may tip if given an easy discrete way. Occasionally we'll be handed some cash.

We have 4 sales staff, so the pot would be distributed evenly on payroll, either calling it tips/ bonus. This idea spawned from a hotel having little plaques around offering digital tipping to the cleaning staff or other service staff. My buddy who runs a yogurt shop started using a similar service linked to his stripe processing account and has had great results with putting the QR code on the cone holders, so people tip after finishing their treat. 

Thanks for passing the post appointment tip idea up the chain.  

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@skiibum Got it! Appreciate you painting the picture. It allows the team to see how possible future advances will be used. This is helpful!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4