x

QR Codes for Retail Locations

We are a local art gallery and studio that displays art in multiple temporary locations around town, is there a way to set up a QR code that people can scan and buy the artwork on site without having one of our staff there to "sell" the art piece? I saw the restaurant self ordering option but I am worried about keeping track of inventory and don't want the art piece to be sold multiple times on accident.  

Message 1 of 11
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @ODAS

Go to Online Checkout,  Select Share on the product, follow with Create QR Code, you should then be able to now download your QR

checkout-link-qr-code (1).png

Here's my example

Please note that descriptions have to be under 400 characters to fit on an online checkout page.

If this helps, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

Best Answer

For more detail, see my full tutorial here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-set-up-a-qr-code-that-customers-can-sca...

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Hey @ODAS I'll write up a quick tutorial now!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @ODAS

Go to Online Checkout,  Select Share on the product, follow with Create QR Code, you should then be able to now download your QR

checkout-link-qr-code (1).png

Here's my example

Please note that descriptions have to be under 400 characters to fit on an online checkout page.

If this helps, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

Best Answer

For more detail, see my full tutorial here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-set-up-a-qr-code-that-customers-can-sca...

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 11

Can anybody confirm if using a QR code in a retail establishment, the customer won't need to enter their address for shipping?  I believe they can just "hit" the QR code, and it should just take them to a payment page and once the transaction is complete, they're all set.  Please confirm my understanding.  Thanks 

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Yes! When using the Pay with QR Code option at checkout your customer is prompted with the Itemized Sale and the prompt to enter payment details

Here's what that looks like @Purple777:

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11

How do you get the QR code to indicate the charge for Sales Tax. So far, the Qr codes I have tried to create do not add Sales Tax.

Message 7 of 11

Welcome to the Community, @Mottasia

Could you give me some more information on how you have your Sales Taxes set up for your items? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 8 of 11

Well, I’m set up for my state sales tax to be added to each sale. I figured out that I had to include shipping as one of my fulfillment options, and then the tax is added once I enter a customer address.  
I think that should not be necessary because I want the codes for products at a retail location, and the customer’s address isn’t needed for the sale. 

I have found several “paths” to generating QR codes, but none are quite what I need. At this point I’ve settled on the one that can be generated after a sale is entered as a tool for the customer to pay. I get the QR code then back out of the sale. 

Message 9 of 11

Ah okay, @Mottasia

Thank you for coming back and providing the workaround you've been using to get this accomplished in the meantime. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 11

Thanks JJ - I appreciate the feedback.  I was certain the customer wouldn't need to add a physical street address, and you confirmed that.  Thanks  - 

Message 11 of 11